Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What if the Zapruder film is authentic?
David Healy Wrote:
Peter Dawson Wrote:(See how we arrive back at our present contradictory situation?: half the people saying "look at the Z film - back and to the left! - it proves there was a conspiracy!" and the other half saying "the Z film was a fake - that it was a fake proves there was a conspiracy!")

100%? So, how can everyone be wrong when it comes to conspiracy?

I actually believe that everyone is right when it comes to JFK conspiracy - all those that believe there was a conspiracy, that is.

But if the "back and to the left/bullet from the grassy knoll" idea did happen to be an incorrect understanding of what was going on in the assassination, then those who wanted to cover up the assassination would be happy for people to latch on and passionately believe such an incorrect detail. And the idea that "the Zapruder film is a hoax" has obvious features which, when mixed in with all the other speculation about the assassination, would make it attractive as a means to keep JFK researchers at crossed purposes.

I found a really good gif at the top of this page (making no judgements about the site itself). This, possibly, is what is happening in the gif: Kennedy is leaning forward in his seat when a hugely violent force impacts him near the top of his head, coming from his rear-left. In a split second the bullet has passed, part of his skull has been blown away to the forward-right, and then his head - which has been hyperextended forward by the force of the bullet, all in the space of a split second - recoils back towards the direction the bullet came from. His body became a bit like a catapult. Already extended forward, the impact of the bullet was the final loading of the 'catapult', and when the bullet had smashed through his skull the only way his head could move was backwards (and to the left) - quite violently, given the forward hyperextension that the bullet impact had caused.

This is not my original idea, by the way. A fellow from Boston put me on to considering that the bullet may have come from that direction – from the vicinity of the Dallas City Courts Building. I am simply talking about it because since the idea piqued my interest I feel somewhat obliged to mention it whenever and wherever the JFK assassination is being discussed. I also feel a little guilty because I haven’t spent years studying the assassination, and I don’t have my head around all the details, and can’t claim to have looked at the problem from every angle.

Speaking of angles, this clip runs the Zapruder, Nix and Muchmore footage simultaneously. Are my eyes deceiving me, or is there a little puff of blood mist visible in both the Nix and Muchmore footage at the exact same time as in the Zapruder footage? It’s fairly obvious in the Nix footage, but it might be best to watch this version of the Muchmore footage on full-screen to see it – at around the 6 second mark [edit: I found it easiest to see the mist of blood in this clip if I looked for it while focusing on the head of the woman in red]. What consequences does simultaneous puffs of blood mist, across 2 or 3 different pieces of footage, have for the likelihood of this part of the Z film being somehow faked?

Messages In This Thread
What if the Zapruder film is authentic? - by Myra Bronstein - 07-09-2010, 02:02 AM
What if the Zapruder film is authentic? - by Myra Bronstein - 07-09-2010, 02:08 AM
What if the Zapruder film is authentic? - by Myra Bronstein - 07-09-2010, 02:56 AM
What if the Zapruder film is authentic? - by Myra Bronstein - 07-09-2010, 03:38 AM
What if the Zapruder film is authentic? - by Myra Bronstein - 07-09-2010, 05:42 AM
What if the Zapruder film is authentic? - by Peter Dawson - 10-09-2010, 03:48 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sarah Stanton (i.e. PrayerMan) in Dan Owens film Richard Gilbride 7 1,703 01-10-2023, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Brian Doyle
  Manipulation of TOWNER film David Josephs 0 2,116 26-11-2019, 06:48 PM
Last Post: David Josephs
  Nov. 22 radio interviews with me and Alexandra Zapruder Joseph McBride 21 19,281 11-05-2017, 05:18 AM
Last Post: Tom Scully
  Did Dillard film American-born LEE Oswald on sixth floor? Jim Hargrove 9 8,949 12-04-2017, 05:02 AM
Last Post: Jim DiEugenio
  Jeff Carter: Part 2 of his Review of Alexandra Zapruder Jim DiEugenio 0 2,432 23-03-2017, 05:45 PM
  Jeff Carter Reviews "26 Seconds" by Alexandra Zapruder Jim DiEugenio 2 3,097 19-02-2017, 10:17 PM
  Write Amazon reviews of new Zapruder Book. NOW! It is selling Nathaniel Heidenheimer 3 3,642 25-11-2016, 07:49 PM
Last Post: Nathaniel Heidenheimer
  New JFK Film Peter Lemkin 4 5,641 12-11-2016, 06:16 PM
Last Post: Albert Doyle
  Why discussion of Postal Money Order processing marks accepts it was authentic at all David Josephs 1 2,835 14-03-2016, 03:52 PM
Last Post: Drew Phipps
  Zapruder grandson named poetry editor of NY Times Joseph McBride 0 2,305 13-03-2016, 09:28 AM
Last Post: Joseph McBride