Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let Us Treat Jim Fetzer with Kindness
Seamus,

I don't "hide behind" the First Amendment, I believe in it. It's not "rubbish," although unfortunately, probably the majority of Americans would agree with you at this point.

Re-read your post to David Healy. Healy and I have had exchanges in the past on the Ed Forum, so I'm not instinctively defending him. You come across again as beligerant and bullyish. How do you expect to be taken seriously when you use juvenile lines like "you've screwed with the wrong guy" or warning him against "tangling with the likes of me?"

It's laughable that you think Healy would be one of the "lets hold hands fraternity." If you read his posts, you'd understand that he's as combative as they come. He does raise a valid point though, which applies to someone like Josiah Thompson as well as you. Tink has appeared to have an obsession about Fetzer for years. He virtually never posts unless it's to challenge Fetzer.

Why is it so important to you to try and discredit the Fetzers and the Hankeys? Did you feel the same way about the late Jack White? He was probably even more "extreme" than Fetzer in his views. He was a high profile apollo moon hoax advocate. He also didn't believe in evolution. Shall we smear him, too? After all, these are hardly the views of "creditable" researchers.

Your aggressiveness in attacking others may very well come back to haunt you. If anyone ever desired to write an article smearing you, they'd get all the ammunition they needed by merely reviewing your old posts on this forum. You've expressed yourself too often in ways that any opponent could reasonably label as childish, profane, offensive, etc.

By dismissing Healy with your inference that he's a "nobody," and thus not worthy of your time, you invite the same attacks upon yourself. You also share your enemy Fetzer's unfortunate tendency to place undue emphasis on titles, degrees, and other visible trappings of "success." If a poster makes a valid point, what difference does it make if you've never heard of him?

You discredit yourself every time you appear to be asking other posters to figuratively "step outside and settle this." At least one time, you literally challenged another poster to a physical fight. No matter what you say about Fetzer, Hankey or anyone else, none of them ever did that to my knowledge. Now feel free to turn your acerbic pen in my direction.

I'm not attacking you, but since you feel free to drop my name in your posts whenever the spirit moves you, I feel free to comment on those posts. You may have the best of intentions, but your style is going to turn off a lot of people.

Messages In This Thread
Let Us Treat Jim Fetzer with Kindness - by Don Jeffries - 26-06-2012, 07:20 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DPF Bans Professor James H. Fetzer: The Rationale The Moderators 69 365,174 04-04-2020, 09:01 AM
Last Post: Mark A. O'Blazney
  The Decline and Fall of Jim Fetzer Jim DiEugenio 132 70,469 18-03-2016, 06:51 PM
Last Post: Richard Coleman
  From James Fetzer's Group - for those interested Adele Edisen 5 3,617 08-06-2013, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Jeffrey Orling
  Fetzer gets a listing in Urban Dictionary: 'Fetzering' is a term for talking balls. Seamus Coogan 83 21,578 26-03-2013, 11:24 PM
Last Post: John Mooney
  The Palamara, "Doyle," Fetzer, and Jeffries Dust-Ups: The Simple Reason Why Charles Drago 4 4,073 20-02-2013, 07:15 PM
Last Post: Charles Drago
  Jim Fetzer - The Tehran Tiger -- Strikes Again Charles Drago 1 2,169 19-02-2013, 07:44 PM
Last Post: Jan Klimkowski
  Fetzer Deemed "Not Credible" by Morley and Bradford; Accused of Spreading "Misinformation" and "Disi Charles Drago 33 11,798 05-01-2013, 09:32 PM
  "Cinque," Fetzer, "Doyle" and the Tactics of Subversion Charles Drago 1 3,902 13-12-2012, 01:16 AM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  Fetzer and guilt by association Greg Burnham 10 4,819 13-11-2012, 03:52 PM
  James H. Fetzer - Wikipedia NOT James H. Fetzer 2 4,261 04-08-2012, 01:52 PM
Last Post: Albert Doyle