Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Celluloid Doppelganger: Why the Zapruder Film's Authenticity Can Be Argued
Nathaniel Heidenheimer Wrote:Many who have studied the Z-film longer than I seem to have concluded it is a fruitless path, that is an endless circle by design.

I cannot agree one way or the other yet, because until now I have lacked an entry-ramp into the vitriol that is the Z-film debate. It is telling, perhaps that It has been so difficult for me to grasp the stuff, given that I am been reading about the assassination for about six years now.(although very far from full time). Yet I find Doug Hornes book just such an entry ramp. I have to say however that commentary with the weight of Brugioni, combined with the comments of the extremely cautious, almost anti-conspiratorial Jeremy Gunn who served as Horne's boss on the ARRB, make the z-film section extremely provocative. Those who dismiss it based on a'priori assumtions about the fruitlessness of following a path that is more fork than road, are missing out on some amazing comments, which just might prove bunker busters.

Where I think Charles is most correct is in his general point that the assassins planned future forks in future roads at least as much as bullet trajectories, and that such a conclusion is almost impossible to avoid, the more one looks at other areas of the case. How else, for example do we explain Nixon and Bush in Dallas, with the former called in -- if we agree with Russ Baker-- late in the game at the behest of Kendal who knew far earlier? How else do we explain the seeding of conflicting LBJ narratives before the event itself? I agree with Charles general point that the fragmentation of competing explanations to the coverup was planned well before a shot was fired ( if this is, in fact his point). That in itself is also worth thinking about for anyone going on the Z-film "treadmill?" for the first time. But still I think one has to decide for themselves.

A false assumption is being made in my opinion that the plotters
assumed beforehand that 45 years later a massive army of
citizen researchers would be examining their every effort.
So it is a mistake I think to assume that they were prescient enough
to plan forks in the road for future generations. They were just
trying to avoid being caught in the present...the future be damned.

Jack

Messages In This Thread
Celluloid Doppelganger: Why the Zapruder Film's Authenticity Can Be Argued - by Jack White - 21-01-2010, 05:58 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sarah Stanton (i.e. PrayerMan) in Dan Owens film Richard Gilbride 7 1,595 01-10-2023, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Brian Doyle
  Manipulation of TOWNER film David Josephs 0 2,083 26-11-2019, 06:48 PM
Last Post: David Josephs
  Nov. 22 radio interviews with me and Alexandra Zapruder Joseph McBride 21 19,070 11-05-2017, 05:18 AM
Last Post: Tom Scully
  Did Dillard film American-born LEE Oswald on sixth floor? Jim Hargrove 9 8,797 12-04-2017, 05:02 AM
Last Post: Jim DiEugenio
  Jeff Carter: Part 2 of his Review of Alexandra Zapruder Jim DiEugenio 0 2,395 23-03-2017, 05:45 PM
  Jeff Carter Reviews "26 Seconds" by Alexandra Zapruder Jim DiEugenio 2 3,043 19-02-2017, 10:17 PM
  Write Amazon reviews of new Zapruder Book. NOW! It is selling Nathaniel Heidenheimer 3 3,593 25-11-2016, 07:49 PM
Last Post: Nathaniel Heidenheimer
  New JFK Film Peter Lemkin 4 5,584 12-11-2016, 06:16 PM
Last Post: Albert Doyle
  Dartmouth Study of Backyard Photo supposedly confirms authenticity Tom Bowden 38 16,248 08-07-2016, 02:11 PM
Last Post: Albert Doyle
  Zapruder grandson named poetry editor of NY Times Joseph McBride 0 2,274 13-03-2016, 09:28 AM
Last Post: Joseph McBride