Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Albert Rossi Reviews Destiny Betrayed 2nd Edition
Albert Rossi Wrote:I think these myths are so ingrained -- from school, the media, family, and in many cases religious organizations -- that it is almost impossible to shake them. I also wonder why most Americans are so passive, even when they (we) learn something about the power structure that should outrage them (us). It has been my own experience -- and this is more an impression than anything else -- that Europeans will take to the streets for much less than what we swallow here daily.

I receive mail from numerous "progressive" organizations, and while I try to participate as I can, I am sometimes put off by their childlike ingenuousness about what they have done and can accomplish. I suppose you have to be, or you wouldn't do anything. But sometimes I feel like grabbing them, shaking them, and saying, "don't you realize you will never be anything but a minority in the US?" I agree with JimD that if the possibility of a broad consensus on the left ever existed in this country, it was done away with between 1963 and 1968.

P.S. Editing my comment. I just read your Eric Norden post. I've hung my head in shame often enough over this trahison des clercs among my "liberal" academic peers. I have also ruined several friendships among them precisely over the JFK assassination.

P.P.S. Thanks for the considerable effort you undertook for that long posting on the other thread about the MIC. The impact of seeing all of that culled and ordered into a compressed chronology is formidable.

Most of the "progressive" blogosphere is entirely concerned with the partisan puppet show. They'll spend all day talking about the latest outrageous statement by Rush Limbaugh or Michele Bachman instead of focusing on the vast unelected government that actually runs the country. Even back in the 60s, many "liberals" apparently didn't want to see the enormous power wielded by people like Dulles, Hoover, LeMay and others. It upsets their tidy little world view.

A few months ago, Chris Matthews got into an argument with Cynthia Tucker when she brought up the CIA plots to kill Castro. There was no mention of the Mafia at all, but Chris didn't even want to admit that the CIA had tried to kill Castro. "Oh, I think they were trying to make his beard fall out, but they weren't trying to kill him." Now, if they'll lie about established history, documented by Congressional committees, what won't they lie about to preserve their world view?

Messages In This Thread
Albert Rossi Reviews Destiny Betrayed 2nd Edition - by Tracy Riddle - 14-06-2013, 02:53 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DiEugenio Reviews Kamp's Book But Doesn't Mention Prayer Man Brian Doyle 0 353 06-10-2023, 02:54 PM
Last Post: Brian Doyle
  Jim DiEugenio Reviews The House of Kennedy Jim DiEugenio 0 2,151 26-04-2020, 06:50 PM
Last Post: Jim DiEugenio
  John Newman special section: Reviews and Excerpts Jim DiEugenio 4 4,321 08-03-2019, 08:12 PM
Last Post: Alan Ford
  Michael LeFlem reviews Pieces of the Puzzle Jim DiEugenio 2 3,099 26-01-2019, 08:06 AM
  Jim DiEugenio reviews Jeff Morley's The Ghost Jim DiEugenio 14 12,021 03-04-2018, 05:14 PM
Last Post: James Lateer
  Oswald and the mysterious Albert Schweitzer University James Lewis 9 8,489 14-03-2018, 08:23 PM
Last Post: David Josephs
  Where the heck is Albert Doyle? Richard Gilbride 80 69,250 16-10-2017, 05:36 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  The CIA, JFK and Hollywood: Joe Green Reviews Nick Schou Jim DiEugenio 0 3,482 21-08-2017, 06:21 PM
  New Story about Albert Osborne John Kowalski 14 20,768 02-08-2017, 01:41 AM
Last Post: Alan Ford
  Jeff Carter Reviews "26 Seconds" by Alexandra Zapruder Jim DiEugenio 2 3,036 19-02-2017, 10:17 PM