Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Sniper's Nest Corner boxes in the 6th floor Museum are wrong
Alan Ford Wrote:
David Josephs Wrote:At Jim's suggestion I am writing a piece on the evidence related to the 7.65 Mauser and the timing in finding "the" rifle that becomes the murder weapon when I notices something about the boxes in the 6th floor museum photo....

It's missing the column which was removed to facilitate photographs later in the day... and makes it much harder to sit and use that corner and half open window
Imagine that bottom image with a column of boxes there...

You can even match up the large stamps on the sides of the boxes...

Just another "goes to show ya" moment for me...

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=8147&stc=1]

Remarkable attention to detail there, Mr. Josephs.

Question: given the photo layout of the three boxes closest to the window, At that particular angle, if one could widen the space field, Does that angle correspond with a shot down Elm Street or across Elm toward Main?

Add the missing column mentioned, and perhaps a lefty had a chance to aim, squeeze and fire, but a righty would be hard pressed to train his sights upon a target moving away from him with the column hindering his movements in that tight area.

The black arrow on the ground in the middle image was put there by Sheriff Deputy Mooney:

I went straight across to the southeast corner of the building, and I saw all these high boxes. Of course they were stacked all the way around over there. And I squeezed between two. And the minute I squeezed between these two stacks of boxes, I had to turn myself sideways to get in there that is when I saw the expended shells and the boxes that were stacked up looked to be a rest for the weapon. And, also, there was a slight crease in the top box. Whether the recoil made the crease or it was placed there before the shots were fired, I don't know. But, anyway, there was a very slight crease in the box, where the rifle could have lain--at the same angle that the shots were fired from.
So, at that time, I didn't lay my hands on anything, because I wanted to save every evidence we could for fingerprints.

Mr. BALL - If I make an arrow on that, would that indicate it?
Mr. MOONEY - Yes, sir. There is another picture I have seen later that shows an opening in through here, but I didn't see that opening at that time.
Mr. BALL - That is the opening through which you squeezed? And it is an arrow shown on Exhibit 508. (image above is CE508)

The "opening" he didn't see cause it was not there until the boxes were moved for photographs later in the day

Thanks for the kind words Alan -

here are the images from the window. the position he would need to be in makes it amazingly difficult to shoot that far down Elm. Notice too the boxes
DAY claims that by this time the boxes were moved yet he also states that the next picture is taken now that he knows the shots were on Elm, not Houston.

One has to wonder why take a photo with the boxes in the wrong place, looking down Elm or for any reason at all... the crime scene had changed repeatedly...

CE509 and CE724 are of the same configuration of boxes. http://www.history-matters.com/archive/j..._0265b.htm

this is CE509 - given that DAY acknowledges the boxes have been moved, what does this photo serve to prove? (ps - all these photos and not one of the paper bag supposedly laying right next to those pipes)

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=8166&stc=1]

Mr. DAY. This was made, 724 was made, some 15 to 20 minutes after 722 when I received information that the shooting actually occurred on Elm rather than Houston Street. The boxes had been moved at that time.
Mr. BELIN. In 724 there are boxes in the window. Were those boxes in the window the way you saw them, or had they been replaced in the window to reconstruct it?
Mr. DAY. They had simply been moved in the processing for prints. They weren't put back in any particular order.

CE722 & 724

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=8163&stc=1] [Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=8164&stc=1]

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=8165&stc=1]

While they claim certain things were moved and other weren't and then moved later but not until photos were taken... we have no real idea what it looked like other than from the Dillard and Powell photos, which I find very hard to decipher.

Mr. BELIN. I am going to hand you what has been marked as Commission Exhibit 733 and ask you to state if you know what this is.
Mr. DAY. This is the southeast corner of the sixth floor at the window where the shooting apparently occurred. The boxes in front of the window, to the best of our knowledge, in the position they were in when we arrived there on November 22, 1963.

The column of boxes which closes in the area and made Mooney squeeze thru the opposite end is not there. I suggest reading this for an amazingly clear presentation of the info http://www.manuscriptservice.com/SN/snipersnest.pdf

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=8167&stc=1]

Attached Files
.gif   Day says all evidence given to FBI 11-22 2616-001.gif (Size: 100.77 KB / Downloads: 45)
.jpg   TSBD boxes by window in wrong configuration.jpg (Size: 123.37 KB / Downloads: 45)
.jpg   CE733 - boxes as they were supposed to be.jpg (Size: 166.76 KB / Downloads: 45)
Once in a while you get shown the light
in the strangest of places if you look at it right.....
R. Hunter

Messages In This Thread
The Sniper's Nest Corner boxes in the 6th floor Museum are wrong - by David Josephs - 09-03-2016, 12:54 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The "Sniper's Nest" Gil Jesus 0 315 30-05-2023, 01:38 PM
Last Post: Gil Jesus
  The Carbine on the Sixth Floor Jim DiEugenio 0 2,293 09-03-2020, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Jim DiEugenio
  Anatomy of the Second Floor Lunchroom Encounter Jim DiEugenio 255 216,534 29-05-2018, 04:45 PM
Last Post: David Josephs
  New interview on Conspiracy Corner News Joseph McBride 0 3,956 26-08-2017, 05:49 AM
Last Post: Joseph McBride
  Conspiracy Corner News podcast/Joe Green review Joseph McBride 7 10,551 25-05-2017, 05:00 AM
Last Post: Joseph McBride
  Why the second floor lunch room encounter could not have happened Bob Prudhomme 245 91,621 16-04-2017, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Scott Kaiser
  Did Dillard film American-born LEE Oswald on sixth floor? Jim Hargrove 9 8,803 12-04-2017, 05:02 AM
Last Post: Jim DiEugenio
  Sean Murphy- wrong again!!! Richard Gilbride 15 12,287 01-02-2017, 12:18 AM
  This post reminds me of that movie; "One flew over the Cuckoo's Nest" Scott Kaiser 3 3,081 03-07-2016, 02:35 AM
  Silencers, Sniper Rifles and the CIA Jim DiEugenio 28 20,353 24-04-2016, 03:22 PM
Last Post: Bob Prudhomme