Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
True sponsors:Texan extremists & Military Industrial compex vs eastern establishment
Seamus - I have been entirely respectful throughout this thread.

Your resort to abuse is, I'm afraid, disapppointing.

Seamus Coogan Wrote:
Jan Klimkowski Wrote:
Seamus Coogan Wrote:As I've said the Torbitt document did not predict 'Gladio'.

My understanding is that the "Torbitt document" started circulating in samizdat form circa 1970.

Now this is classic. Two of you have now made the misguided call that in dissing the Torbitt documents that I am somehow dissing the Shaw-Permindex-Gkadio link. I have to ask Jan have you read my previous posts? Well no obviously you haven't.

Seamus - you're the one who clearly hasn't read this thread with any care or you would not have made your statement above.

Seamus Coogan Wrote:Let's make this clear. 1970 is at least Two years after it was first published in Italy and Garrison got hold of it in his investigation. It was a year or so after that Paris Flammonde wrote his important piece on the subject. A full year or so the Torbitt document came out. So what does 1970 mean to me Jan?

A big fat nothing.

And?

My point, as clearly articulated in this thread, is that appearance of the samizdat Torbitt document circa 1970, after Garrison had lost his case against Clay Shaw, attributing high involvement in the JFK assassination to a then (and now) obscure organisation - namely Permindex and its tentacles - is intriguing.

Particularly if it was a deliberate psyop designed to bury the important link to Permindex.

Seamus Coogan Wrote:
Jan Klimkowski Wrote:Confirmation of the existence of Gladio and its false flag atrocities committed as part of a Strategy of Tension can probably best be dated to Italian PM Andreotti's speech on October 24, 1990, and Allan Francovich's documentaries first broadcast in 1992.
Mae Brussell identified Gladio here in 1987, without knowing its name, and her "The Nazi Connection to the John F. Kennedy Assassination", which contains both Hits and Misses, is an earlier adumbration of linked material.

Well nope. There had been a lot of stuff going down in Europe since the mid 80's. So what if Brussell doesnt name it? The stuff in Europe was well actually well known if nameless. The Torbitt document or Brussell for that matter didn't predict anything of mass importance, not already known. I also don't like the tone. You don't honestly think I haven't checked up and backed up the dates nor that I know anything about Gladio? Well sorry. I do.

I've simply never used Brussell as a source for any of it.

Seamus - I absolutely hate your tone. And I'll quote it straight back at you in my name.

You don't honestly think I haven't checked up and backed up the dates nor that I know anything about Gladio? Well sorry. I do.

Without Italian PM Andreotti's parliamentary confirmation of the existence of Gladio, Franovich's Gladio documentaries would never have been commissioned, made or broadcast. I know because I've seen the internal BBC file and inquest into those films. I say "inquest" because very senior BBC managers were told, through national security channels, in the strongest terms, that the films should not have been commissioned, made or broadcast.

Andreotti's confirmation enabled senior BBC managers to argue (to save their jobs) that Gladio was a legitimate subject for an investigative historical documentary trilogy.

Until Gladio's existence was acknowledged, there was a whole mass of suspicious material - ranging from Gehlen Org to coups in Greece to the Bologna bombing to the OAS attempted assassination of de Gaulle to the UK's Column 88 to the Red Brigades etc - which could be dismissed by those in power as simply random acts of violence with no connnection to anything larger.

After Gladio's existence was confirmed, that Official Narrative could no longer hold. A few journalists and historians started to investigate these disparate events, and they often succeeded in identifying links to Gladio structures.

Individual cells may have existed in low level isolation but a Strategy of Tension false flag philosophy was increasingly evident.

Seamus Coogan Wrote:
Jan Klimkowski Wrote:Rather than predicting Gladio, I would rather frame it as Mae Brussell's work identifying much important material which became yet more important and resonant once the philosophy, MO and deep political support of Operation Gladio (and its other names and manifestations) became public record.

Brussell was nothing unique in this regard, well she was in that she added a conspiratorial touch which as you say is 'hit and miss' but once again 'let's get real'. There were numerous other courageous primary sources coming from French, Italian and English journo's (no they weren't slipped information by the Commies as Helms liked to say) whom had been reporting on this stuff right through out the Cold War. Brussell was not a primary source for this. She never ever said she was either.

Now before you say I am dissing Brussell. Let's get this clear. Read carefully. I like Mae Brussell! She did some good work in particularly on 'The Last Words of Lee Harvey Oswald' She also actually thought the Torbitt documents were likely bogus.

Seamus - you write "read carefully". There you go again.

There are many articles written by Mae Brussell which have additional meaning and resonance now that we know of the existence of Gladio, and its MO. When she originally wrote those articles, she was often drawing attention to matters that concerned her - that made her antennae twitch - without the benefit of knowing that many of her "Hits" concerned the invisible, secret, structure of Gladio.

Jan Klimkowski Wrote:Having said all that, MSM continues to ignore Gladio and Francovich only lasted until 1997 when he suffered a fatal heart attack in Houston airport, Texas...
Seamus Coogan Wrote:Yes they do and Francovichs ballsy work shouldn't be tarred by putting the Torbitt document garbage alongside his stuff. Nor should Brussell's opinions of them nor her work be overlooked or clouded because of it either. She made far more valuable contributions than that. As you clearly no.

As for Crisman, man oh man. Who gives a flying retarded shit? Theres evidence of a whole heap of stuff going down with or without Crismans involvement anyhow. In effect the points you have made Jan are precisely why the Torbitt Documents are so bad they leech off the legitimate work of other people. Furthermore, I suggest anybody concerned about the truth email Kenn Thomas and ask him why he felt the need to libel Jim DiEugenio with regards to Torbitt.

Seamus - by now, as your typos reveal, you're clearly in full stream of consciousness mode. So, I'll cut you some slack as you clearly haven't understood my argument.

There are many researchers who are interested in Fred Lee Crisman - including Peter Levenda, Linda Minor and David Guyatt. I am interested in Crisman because of his role in several highly signficant psyops and/or disinformation operations.

David Guyatt Wrote:Crisman is, indeed, a very interesting character. More background here:

http://greyfalcon.us/restored/Fred%20Crisman.ht

Quote:Twenty-five years after Crisman failed to yield much value for Garrison, he remains much of a mystery. But what can be pieced together indicates Crisman was part and parcel of the seamy underworld of the intelligence community that flourished during the 1950s and '60s.

*Garrison's conclusions

In a lengthy handwritten memo to Jonathan Blackmer, an investigator for the House select committee that re-investigated Kennedy's assassination in the late 1970s and had a keen interest in Crisman, Garrison spelled out what he had concluded about Crisman:

" . . . I suggest the only reasonable conclusion is that he was (and probably is, if still around), an operative at a deep cover level in a long-range, clandestine, intelligence mission directly (in terms of our national intelligence paranoia) related to maintaining national security . . . Crisman emerges as an operative at a supervisory level . . . acquired by the apparatus to carry out the menial jobs that are needed to push a current mission forward, a middle man--in the final analysis--between the mechanics who eliminate, and the handy men, who otherwise support a termination mission, on one hand, and the distant, far removed, deeply submerged command level, on the other."

In Book One of Sinister Forces, Peter Levenda discusses the American "UFO'" sightings of 1947 (pp 168-174). Two key players in establishing the "flying saucer" psyop are the OSS's Fred Lee Crisman and the FBI's Guy Banister.

Seamus - you're perfectly free not to "give a flying retarded shit" about Crisman.

With respect, I disagree, and will continue to disagree.
"It means this War was never political at all, the politics was all theatre, all just to keep the people distracted...."
"Proverbs for Paranoids 4: You hide, They seek."
"They are in Love. Fuck the War."

Gravity's Rainbow, Thomas Pynchon

"Ccollanan Pachacamac ricuy auccacunac yahuarniy hichascancuta."
The last words of the last Inka, Tupac Amaru, led to the gallows by men of god & dogs of war

Messages In This Thread
True sponsors:Texan extremists & Military Industrial compex vs eastern establishment - by Jan Klimkowski - 24-05-2011, 07:09 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  JFK Goes After Anti-Kennedy Right Wing Extremists Gil Jesus 0 467 27-12-2022, 07:23 PM
Last Post: Gil Jesus
  Clay Shaw Military Records John Kowalski 10 6,505 19-11-2020, 05:59 PM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  The Military-Industrial Complex in the 50s and 60s Tracy Riddle 13 11,862 22-01-2018, 03:46 PM
Last Post: Tracy Riddle
  Military, MI, Power Elite & CIA Assassinated JFK and Americans are not citizens, but subjects! Peter Lemkin 9 11,675 13-07-2017, 05:04 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  JVB- A true witness or something else Dawn Meredith 29 19,153 19-02-2017, 09:31 PM
Last Post: Albert Doyle
  Salandria Speaks Truth To Specter in 2012 - Quite A Read - And True! Peter Lemkin 2 5,665 06-03-2014, 12:07 PM
Last Post: Marc Ellis
  The Invasion of Cuba: Never the Intention of JFK Hit Sponsors Charles Drago 98 51,442 04-11-2013, 09:48 PM
Last Post: Anthony DeFiore
  JFK vs. the Military - Robert Dallek - The Atlantic Bernice Moore 1 2,490 12-10-2013, 12:51 PM
Last Post: Tracy Riddle
  Josiah Thompson shows his true colors . . . James H. Fetzer 33 16,435 21-12-2011, 01:12 AM
Last Post: Bernice Moore
  The Military and Those Strange Threats to Obama;and as we approach the 50th anniversary o Russ Baker Bernice Moore 2 3,451 14-12-2011, 10:31 PM
Last Post: Phil Dragoo