Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"The Package" -- The Most Important JFK Assassination-Related Film to Date
Magda - excellent points.

Magda Hassan Wrote:Two things to note.
Firstly, early in the movie when the US general who did not want to participate in the operation and who was blown up in his car down the road from the country house the action was claimed by some 'terrorist' group. Clearly it was not that group but another with altogether different aims. I wonder how many times this has happened in the real world? There are several actions attributed to INLA that I have reason to believe were not done by them. (And there is at least one action carried out by them that they probably didn't initiate despite thinking they did so. Most ably demonstrated in Jan's thread here )

Indeed.

That's a level of sophistication and coherence rarely seen in movies.

Magda Hassan Wrote:Secondly, when ever I see Tommy Lee Jones in a movie I am always reminded that his cousin is Charles Braden whose day job used to be the CIA liason to Hollywood. His current mission seems to be to push Roswell as a real extraterrestial event. Quite interesting given his cousin's prominent role as Men in Black's Agent 'K'....I quite like TLJ as an actor and he seems an interesting person in his own right. Mum a police officer, college room mate of Al Gore, serious polo player with Argentinian stables, promoter of fracking. Did his college thesis on 'Catholic mechanics' within the literary works of Flannery O'Connor.

I suspect the spooks were happy that The Package did not recover its budget at the box office....
"It means this War was never political at all, the politics was all theatre, all just to keep the people distracted...."
"Proverbs for Paranoids 4: You hide, They seek."
"They are in Love. Fuck the War."

Gravity's Rainbow, Thomas Pynchon

"Ccollanan Pachacamac ricuy auccacunac yahuarniy hichascancuta."
The last words of the last Inka, Tupac Amaru, led to the gallows by men of god & dogs of war

Messages In This Thread
"The Package" -- The Most Important JFK Assassination-Related Film to Date - by Jan Klimkowski - 11-06-2013, 11:56 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sarah Stanton (i.e. PrayerMan) in Dan Owens film Richard Gilbride 7 1,575 01-10-2023, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Brian Doyle
  Gil Jesus Backs FBI Lies Against Important Witness Carolyn Arnold Brian Doyle 0 366 20-06-2023, 05:44 PM
Last Post: Brian Doyle
  JFK Assassination: Sequence of Events ThomasPickering 5 2,064 20-07-2022, 12:58 PM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  LeMay and Collins on 11/22/63 - two very important but different players Peter Lemkin 1 1,875 12-12-2021, 07:23 PM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  On Edwin Kaiser and Related Topics Scott Kaiser 981 439,017 17-12-2019, 04:02 PM
Last Post: Scott Kaiser
  On the Trail of Clay Shaw:The Italian Undercover CIA and Mossad Station and the Assassination of JFK Paz Marverde 4 4,713 28-11-2019, 12:32 PM
Last Post: Paz Marverde
  Manipulation of TOWNER film David Josephs 0 2,081 26-11-2019, 06:48 PM
Last Post: David Josephs
  Weisberg's trash-the-critics book 'Inside the Assassination Industry' Richard Booth 7 4,809 28-09-2019, 12:41 AM
Last Post: Richard Booth
  Mailer's Tales of the JFK Assassination Milo Reech 4 3,940 07-06-2019, 09:47 PM
Last Post: Richard Coleman
  Collins Radio Connection to JFK Assassination - Bill Kelly (revised) Peter Lemkin 15 8,589 20-05-2019, 09:08 PM
Last Post: Scott Kaiser