Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Did Connally Turn Around?
[size=12][size=12]The Zapruder film shows that Connally was facing toward the rear of the limousine on frame Z-287.
[size=12]
[/SIZE][size=12]http://www.assassinationresearch.com/zfilm/z287.jpg[/SIZE]

This frame typifies his extreme turn to the rear.

However, Commission Exhibit 874 shows that Connally sat on a non rotatable seat.

http://history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh17/html/WH_Vol17_0448a.htm

Connally's feet were too long to fit in the small gap between the right edge of his seat and the door of the limousine. So I ask how did Connally turn around as shown on the Zapruder film?

[/SIZE][/SIZE]
Mr Blenner, I would be very surprised to learn that the JFK limousine jump seats were turnable. An area I have some concern about is the size of Texas Governor John B Connally during frames where he appears to be turning, as in some frame(s) he appears smaller than others. I never noticed any difference while viewing the film in motion, only in later years when I was able to look at individual frames on the internet. I try to always remind myself that I am not looking at people in any film or photograph, only images. There may be a logical reason, due to imaging, or I could be wrong.
:Shrug:

Larry
StudentofAssassinationResearch

LR Trotter Wrote:Mr Blenner, I would be very surprised to learn that the JFK limousine jump seats were turnable. An area I have some concern about is the size of Texas Governor John B Connally during frames where he appears to be turning, as in some frame(s) he appears smaller than others. I never noticed any difference while viewing the film in motion, only in later years when I was able to look at individual frames on the internet. I try to always remind myself that I am not looking at people in any film or photograph, only images. There may be a logical reason, due to imaging, or I could be wrong.

[size=12]I have a problem with the turning shown on Z223/Z224 and Z224/Z225. These rotations are not preceded by a gradual acceleration nor followed by a gradual deceleration. In other words the film presents a snap, second derivative of acceleration, of the torso which requires two separate external forces acting about one eighteenth second apart.

I also note that a spectator on the north peristyle exhibits a humanly impossible motion of their arm on Z223/Z224.
[URL="http://hdblenner.com/temps/zc223zc224100ds.gif"][size=12]
http://hdblenner.com/temps/zc223zc224100ds.gif
[/SIZE]
[/URL][size=12]http://hdblenner.com/temps/zc223224100ds.gif[/SIZE]

In particular the arm rotates from their side by about sixty degrees without producing a massive motion blur.

[/SIZE]
Herbert Blenner Wrote:
LR Trotter Wrote:Mr Blenner, I would be very surprised to learn that the JFK limousine jump seats were turnable. An area I have some concern about is the size of Texas Governor John B Connally during frames where he appears to be turning, as in some frame(s) he appears smaller than others. I never noticed any difference while viewing the film in motion, only in later years when I was able to look at individual frames on the internet. I try to always remind myself that I am not looking at people in any film or photograph, only images. There may be a logical reason, due to imaging, or I could be wrong.

[size=12]I have a problem with the turning shown on Z223/Z224 and Z224/Z225. These rotations are not preceded by a gradual acceleration nor followed by a gradual deceleration. In other words the film presents a snap, second derivative of acceleration, of the torso which requires two separate external forces acting about one eighteenth second apart.

I also note that a spectator on the north peristyle exhibits a humanly impossible motion of their arm on Z223/Z
[size=12]
http://hdblenner.com/temps/zc223zc224100ds.gif
[/SIZE]
[size=12]http://hdblenner.com/temps/zc223224100ds.gif[/SIZE]

In particular the arm rotates from their side by about sixty degrees without producing a massive motion blur.

[/SIZE]
When looking at the Altgens Photograph, JBC appears more to the center of the limousine than in Zfilm, at least to me. So maybe what I see is just an image issue. But, on the other hand if those Zfilm frames have been altered, the turning could be part of an alteration that also effected the sizing. Just my observation, and I am not sold either way regarding any Zfilm alteration possibilities. And again, Robert Groden need not be concerned about any photography "expertise" on my part.
:Read:

Larry

It would appear that Texas Governor John B "Big John" Connally's size relative to the US President John F Kennedy's limousine jump seats would not produce a very comfortable seating situation to begin with, and the JBC turning to his right motion would not be done without movement to the center/open space of the jumpseats. When JBC is turned to his right, it appears to me in the Zfilm that JFK was within his vision. However, JBC testfied/remarked that he was unable to see JFK after the turn, and was in the process of turning back, when he was hit by a bullet while almost facing forward, that pushed him forward/down. So, if JBC had moved toward the center to be able to turn that far, as filmed, I would think JFK would have been in his range of vision. On the other hand, if not back towards the center area, it would not appear that JBC would have been able to turn that far right due to a lack of leg room. If I understood Mr Blenner's post, he is also concerned about the suddenness of JBC's turn to the right, which adds to the unlikeliness of the turn occurring as it appears in the Zfilm.
::captain::

Larry

LR Trotter Wrote:It would appear that Texas Governor John B "Big John" Connally's size relative to the US President John F Kennedy's limousine jump seats would not produce a very comfortable seating situation to begin with, and the JBC turning to his right motion would not be done without movement to the center/open space of the jumpseats. When JBC is turned to his right, it appears to me in the Zfilm that JFK was within his vision. However, JBC testfied/remarked that he was unable to see JFK after the turn, and was in the process of turning back, when he was hit by a bullet while almost facing forward, that pushed him forward/down. So, if JBC had moved toward the center to be able to turn that far, as filmed, I would think JFK would have been in his range of vision. On the other hand, if not back towards the center area, it would not appear that JBC would have been able to turn that far right due to a lack of leg room. If I understood Mr Blenner's post, he is also concerned about the suddenness of JBC's turn to the right, which adds to the unlikeliness of the turn occurring as it appears in the Zfilm.
::captain::
As I'm sure everyone knows, any "for purpose" Zfilm alteration would be an effort to enhance the "lone gunman and single bullet theories". However, it could be said that there were some damaged frames that were replaced with adjoining frames to avoid the appearance of non-benign alteration. In any case, if it occurred, alteration was thought of as "changes to a motion picture", and possibly without consideration of frame by frame analysis. JMO.
::director::

Larry

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Incredible Wounds of Governor Connally Herbert Blenner 25 18,056 21-05-2015, 02:26 PM
Last Post: Drew Phipps
  Robert Strauss, involved in the Dallas trip planning as Connally's man, is dead Joseph McBride 1 2,723 21-03-2014, 12:08 AM
Last Post: Tom Bowden
  JFK Assassination Exhibit To Show John Connally's Blood-stained Clothing Bernice Moore 0 1,914 16-10-2013, 04:43 PM
Last Post: Bernice Moore
  Posting a stable Towner & Bell gif of the corner turn - Since we really dont have an A/V section David Josephs 6 4,406 20-06-2013, 06:22 PM
Last Post: David Josephs
  Connally's Bullet ; Bernice Moore 18 10,287 03-10-2012, 04:56 PM
Last Post: Albert Doyle
  Bugliosi to cameraman: "Turn it off" Gil Jesus 4 4,127 04-12-2010, 05:22 PM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Another Connally lie about JFK Texas trip Gil Jesus 3 3,817 01-05-2010, 02:49 AM
Last Post: Phil Dragoo
  CONNALLY: Where is His Right Sleeve Cuff Link? Don Roberdeau 0 2,799 31-05-2009, 02:50 AM
Last Post: Don Roberdeau
  The Connally Bullet 0 313 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: