Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joseph McBride's 2013 COPA talk on "The Murder of Officer J. D. Tippit"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTqlyZH60vU
Joseph McBride Wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTqlyZH60vU

Very cool Joe. How did you get this? I know John Judge was selling DVDs for $50.00 but I never got around to getting one. (And would not know where to get one now).

Dawn
Dawn Meredith Wrote:
Joseph McBride Wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTqlyZH60vU

Very cool Joe. How did you get this? I know John Judge was selling DVDs for $50.00 but I never got around to getting one. (And would not know where to get one now).

Dawn

Just watched this. One question for Joe-the fuzzy mess known by some as "Badgeman" (Gary Mack's invention) is impossible to make out. You say Tippit's hairline and eyebrows match this image. It's been years since I saw the Men Who Killed Kennedy episode where Badgeman is introduced but I have seen pics and I don't recall being able to make out a hairline, let alone eyebrows. In fact if GM- or someone- had not drawn a face- like image around this fuzz I would not even have recognized it as a person. Have you seen a better copy?
Otherwise great presentation. Very different from the one I made seconds later.

Dawn
McBride differs with Armstrong on the Tippit shooter.
Albert Doyle Wrote:McBride differs with Armstrong on the Tippit shooter.

Indeed he does. Joe and I have discussed this. I loved his book and he's a great guy but I think Armstrong is closer to the truth on this killing.
Gary Mack's Badgeman also does not do much to further the case.
But since we don't know what happened we have to piece together the evidence as we find it. Joe and JA were not working together on this case
so it is not surprising that they came up with different results.

Dawn
I think Armstrong is close to bringing a case. I'd like to see Parker try to find flaws in this material.
Albert Doyle Wrote:I think Armstrong is close to bringing a case. I'd like to see Parker try to find flaws in this material.

Let's not go there. If you are a member of his forum I invite you to have this discussion there. I'd be interested in his response too but since he is not here to defend himself and his views we probably should not bring it up.
(I don't think you can even look at his forum unless you are a member.)

Dawn
In my opinion, McBride does a better job of depicting the Rashomon-like state of the Tippit murder case, and the fact that we probably can't solve it at this late date. Other than being pretty sure Oswald wasn't the killer.
Dawn, it was good being with you on the COPA panel. I respect John Armstrong and
find HARVEY & LEE highly impressive even though I differ with him on much
about the Tippit case. There's always room for reasoned debate. The video of my COPA Tippit presentation I hadn't seen on YouTube until
another researcher alerted me to it. I am glad it is up there. The Badge Man image (reproduced
in my book INTO THE NIGHTMARE from Jack White's blowup of the Mary Moorman image) shows a distinctive and unusual hairline (with a semicircular "notch") that is
identical to J. D. Tippit's. The upwardly peaking eyebrows and facial structure are similar to Tippit's as well. I
interviewed Jack White in December 1992 in his Fort Worth office, going over his materials and discussing
the image in detail and the photographic processes he used in working with the photo. I admire him and his work on this matter. I write about Badge Man extensively in INTO THE NIGHTMARE.
There are still the unresolved issues of Tippit's whereabouts during the crucial period, perhaps at his alleged lunch at home
and on a possible police call, but both of those reports have
problematical aspects, as I discuss.
Thank you for this, Joseph.

Is my understanding correct that both you and John Armstrong agree completely that the Oswald/Hidell wallet "found" at 10th and Patton in Dallas on 11/22/63 is proof that LHO was the pre-ordained patsy for the assassination of JFK?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why Officer Tippit stopped his Killer Jim DiEugenio 24 19,506 26-12-2022, 02:21 PM
Last Post: Milo Reech
  The Tippit Case in the New Millenium Jim DiEugenio 192 192,747 23-06-2019, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Milo Reech
  OUR HIDDEN HISTORY podcast on JFK and Tippit murders Joseph McBride 1 10,232 22-09-2018, 01:29 PM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  My FightBox interview on JFK, Tippit, document releases, etc. Joseph McBride 0 6,779 22-11-2017, 07:13 AM
Last Post: Joseph McBride
  New podcast interview about Tippit killing Joseph McBride 6 7,484 05-02-2017, 08:30 PM
Last Post: Albert Doyle
  Jack Ruby, Oswald, and the Murder of JFK Jim Hargrove 0 3,820 06-10-2016, 02:40 AM
Last Post: Jim Hargrove
  Tippit podcast Joseph McBride 0 2,193 11-09-2016, 09:53 AM
Last Post: Joseph McBride
  CAPA, successor to COPA Peter Lemkin 17 10,801 10-09-2016, 06:08 AM
Last Post: Scott Kaiser
  McBride vs Myers on the Tippit Murder Jim DiEugenio 2 2,657 31-08-2016, 05:44 AM
Last Post: Jim DiEugenio
  Two Dallas cops were involved in the pre-arranged murder of J.D. Tippit .... Jim Hargrove 36 19,798 05-07-2016, 05:22 AM
Last Post: Albert Doyle