Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FBI SA Nat Allan Pinkston says he found that Kleins sold C2766
I had not heard this name in my work on the Rifle. He neglects to mention HL Greene in Dallas as a MC supplier and goes straight to Titche-Goettinger who tells them that if it wasn't them, in Dallas, it was Klein Sporting Goods:

"But, if we (T-G) didn't sell it, it almost had to come from Klein Sporting Goods Store in Chicago."

Pinkston: We had the case solved before the day was over.

Any help on Mr. Pinkston?
Thanks
DJ

http://www.nleomf.org/assets/pdfs/nlem/o...erview.pdf

Pinkston: So I was the first Agent there. And I got up to the sixth floor
where they were searching and I ran into Carl Day, who I knew
quite well, who was head of the Identification Division at the
Police Department.

Hollstein: Uh-huh. Now this was at the Book Repository?
Pinkston: Yes. And he was holding a rifle in his hands. He told me that
they'd just found the rifle and that they thought it was the one
used in the assassination. So I took a complete description of
the gun, from the gun, while he was holding it and I started out
to try and identify the gun.

Well, I had an informant who was a pawn broker and a
licensed gun dealer, very well acquainted with firearms, he'd
been in business a long time. And I went to him and described
the gun to him and he said, "Well, there were a lot of those
guns sold and they were sold in Dallas by Titche-Goettinger
Company." Which was a large department store and it had a
sporting goods department.

So, I went to them and they had
excellent records. They went through them and they said, "We
have no record on the gun of that serial number. But, if we
didn't sell it, it almost had to come from Klein Sporting Goods
Store in Chicago." And he gave me the number of Klein's …
and the address. So I went back to the office and we sent a
teletype to Chicago to check at Klein's Sporting Goods. Well,
by this time of the day, they had closed up for the weekend.
So, one of the Agents there went out and picked up the
manager of the store and took him back to the store, and in
about fifteen minutes they had a record that this gun. This
particular rifle had been sold by Klein Sporting Goods Store to
A. J. Hidell, to a Post Office Box in Dallas.
Once in a while you get shown the light
in the strangest of places if you look at it right.....
R. Hunter
I was only able to find one report by PINKSTON which looks kinda strange and says exactly what he claimed he did in the later interview

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=8057&stc=1]

Attached Files
.jpg   Pinkston report talking to DAY as he takes rifle from TSBD.jpg (Size: 212.69 KB / Downloads: 41)
R. Hunter
So, how many separate (and mutually exclusive) stories of tracing the gun to Klein's does that make all together? 9? 12?

On a Sully-esque note: "Nat (Pinkston) was born on November 26, 1915 and passed away on Sunday, September 4, 2011. Nat was a resident of Cedar Hill, Texas."

[URL="http://www.tributes.com/obituary/show/Nat-Allen-Pinkston-92324411"]http://www.tributes.com/obituary/show/Nat-Allen-Pinkston-92324411
[/URL]
Pinkston's informant on the gun issue was "Ruby Goldstein" of Honest Joe's Pawnshop. During WW2, he (Pinkston) was an FBI guy assigned to guard New York Harbour, which IIRC was the very location where the FBI and the Mafia began working together to keep America safe from Nazi saboteurs.
"All that is necessary for tyranny to succeed is for good men to do nothing." (unknown)

James Tracy: "There is sometimes an undue amount of paranoia among some conspiracy researchers that can contribute to flawed observations and analysis."

Gary Cornwell (Dept. Chief Counsel HSCA): "A fact merely marks the point at which we have agreed to let investigation cease."

Alan Ford: "Just because you believe it, that doesn't make it so."
Thanks for the info Drew - just keeps getting more interesting... or farther off track.

I've checked a few sources and still nothing on this Pinkston guy and what he claims...

Wonder what Holmes thinks of his story?

Well, Nat is not mentioned yet as you read Holmes' steaming pile he actually wants us to believe that a man the FBI has been watching for years and on whom the USPS is reporting on regarding what mail he receives - our man Holmes can claim he never heard of Oswald... please.

simply not believable

That's the reason the policeman (McDonald) wasn't killed. That was the first time I heard of Oswald.
Everybody in the post office had a little radio going, and about an hour after they had taken him into custody,
one of the window clerks came up to my office on the fifth floor and said,
"Mr. Holmes, you know this Lee Harvey Oswald has a post office box right here in the Terminal Annex?"
I said, "Oh, is that so?"
He said, "Yeah, we ran into him about a month or so ago."
R. Hunter
I wonder if there is any record of the FBI following up on that lead provided by Holmes and actually contacting the "window clerk" that remembered Oswald for some reason. The same wondering applies to the "secretary" who spent Holmes' money on magazines, and the "girls" that found the Klein's ad. I can't recall seeing any documentation of the FBI actually investigating any of these issues.
"All that is necessary for tyranny to succeed is for good men to do nothing." (unknown)

James Tracy: "There is sometimes an undue amount of paranoia among some conspiracy researchers that can contribute to flawed observations and analysis."

Gary Cornwell (Dept. Chief Counsel HSCA): "A fact merely marks the point at which we have agreed to let investigation cease."

Alan Ford: "Just because you believe it, that doesn't make it so."
Drew Phipps Wrote:I wonder if there is any record of the FBI following up on that lead provided by Holmes and actually contacting the "window clerk" that remembered Oswald for some reason. The same wondering applies to the "secretary" who spent Holmes' money on magazines, and the "girls" that found the Klein's ad. I can't recall seeing any documentation of the FBI actually investigating any of these issues.

Fairly sure all the people in his story are composites of many and none mixed together....

so many names forgotten so conveniently when incriminating Oswald... for the 4th and 5th different time on the same subject...

Need to know more about that man Holmes... three shots as it turned says the master "suspicioner"

Mr. HOLMES. I was in my office on the fifth floor of the terminal annex building. located at the corner of Houston and Commerce Streets, Dallas, Tex.

Mr. HOLMES. I had a pair of 7 1/2 x 50 binoculars. They were acknowledging the applause of the crowd and kind of waving, but not standing up. This is a short block.
Mr. BELIN. From Main to Elm?
Mr. HOLMES. To Elm is really not more than a good full block, but the motorcade turned north on Houston and went to Elm and turned left on Elm where it started on a downgrade to what we refer to as a triple underpass. As it turned in front of the School Book Depository, I heard what to me sounded like firecrackers, and it was my recollection that there were three of them.

Mr. HOLMES. Possibly 20 seconds, or half a minute and then crack and kind of a lapse and then another crack. I wouldn't want to swear to that. I have tried to recall it.

Mr. BELIN. Did you see anyone run across the railroad track?
Mr. HOLMES. No. I saw nothing suspicious and I am a trained suspicioner. (sic).

R. Hunter
Holmes also had concluded Oswald was their man.

http://jfkcountercoup2.blogspot.com/2013...swald.html (thanks to B. Kelly)

"I got the impression that he had disciplined his mind and reflexes to a state where I personally doubted if he would ever have confessed."

As I read more of his history I get the sense of a very small man placed in a very large position... a poor man's Gerald Ford if you may.
R. Hunter

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Paul Landis Says He Found Magic Bullet In Back Seat Brian Doyle 0 278 18-09-2023, 04:52 PM
Last Post: Brian Doyle
  blogger looking into Cruz's father and assassination found dead Joseph McBride 27 13,172 15-06-2016, 07:33 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Exposing the Phony Rifle Purchase of C2766 Jim DiEugenio 18 10,484 26-02-2016, 10:17 PM
Last Post: David Josephs
  Does anyone know what happened to the other Kleins rifles? David Josephs 0 1,933 14-07-2015, 07:01 PM
Last Post: David Josephs
  Money Order timeline - the Evidence says the Money Order found in both KC and VA ?? David Josephs 8 5,552 07-07-2015, 02:35 AM
Last Post: Jim DiEugenio
  C2766: How the FBI Murdered the Truth Jim Hargrove 0 1,812 05-01-2015, 04:16 AM
Last Post: Jim Hargrove
  CD87 p92 - SS tells us the rifle Kleins shipped to Hidell was a 91(T)roop (S)pecial carbine David Josephs 66 16,009 06-07-2014, 03:17 PM
Last Post: Drew Phipps
  This was found in my father's legally pad Scott Kaiser 7 3,776 25-05-2014, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Scott Kaiser
  How many wallets were found that were supposed to belong to LHO? Magda Hassan 48 17,205 29-04-2014, 01:07 AM
Last Post: Drew Phipps
  LHO Drove Ruby's Car According to DPD File Recently Found! Peter Lemkin 25 9,469 14-01-2014, 06:13 PM
Last Post: Albert Doyle