Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jim Garrison recruits 007 in solving the crime of the century
New to me - this look back at Roger Moore's book on the making of LIVE AND LET DIE features a fun cameo by Jim Garrison, who screened footage for Moore a couple of years before the Zapruder film was played on the Rivera show.

ROGER MOORE'S BOOK ABOUT THE MAKING OF LIVE AND LET DIE IS BONKERS
http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2017/04/21/r...is-bonkers
I never saw that anywhere.

When was that book originally published?
Jim DiEugenio Wrote:I never saw that anywhere.

When was that book originally published?

It was published by Fawcett in 1973. And I'm sure this is Phil Nobile's son. His pappy co-authored the New Times article (1976) about Mary Pinchot with Ron Rosenbaum.

I remember Roger Moore on the Tonight Show many years ago, telling Johnny of his first meeting the great Noel Coward. He said he went up to him at a party and introduced himself, saying, "Hello, I'm Roger Moore". To which Coward responded, "Of course you are, my dear boy !!!"

So Big Jim showed Bond the Z-film. Wow.
Don't know why he says he can't say what he saw.....unless Ol' Jim had the 'other film' of the assassination that a handful have seen outside of spookville.

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=9105&stc=1]

Attached Files
.jpg   Screenshot from 2017-04-23 18:21:43.jpg (Size: 22.5 KB / Downloads: 24)
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass
Because back then , Time-Life still owned all rights.

Garrison was showing him a pirated copy which he was not supposed to have. Time-Life only gave him a copy for courtroom purposes.

The public never saw the film until 1975 through Geraldo Rivera.
Jim DiEugenio Wrote:Because back then , Time-Life still owned all rights.

Garrison was showing him a pirated copy which he was not supposed to have. Time-Life only gave him a copy for courtroom purposes.

Do you know how he got the pirated copy?
"We'll know our disinformation campaign is complete when everything the American public believes is false." --William J. Casey, D.C.I

"We will lead every revolution against us." --Theodore Herzl
Jim DiEugenio Wrote:Because back then , Time-Life still owned all rights.

For the record, the second version of the Z fake was first shown by an American broadcaster - Los Angeles station KTLA-TV, introduced by anchorman Hal Fishman - during the Clay Shaw trial, at 5 p.m on 14 February 1969.

Pat Valentino had a very interesting interview with Len Osanic on the subject in Black Op Radio programme #368, broadcast 3 April 2008: http://www.blackopradio.com/archives2008.html

Quote:Show #368
Original airdate: April 3 2008,
Guest: Pat Valentino, Jim Fetzer
Topics: JFK/RFK Research

Interview Audio - Part One - Pat Valentino
Audio of news coverage showing Sirhan did not shoot RFK
This evidence was discovered by Phil Van Praag and Robert Joling
They came up with their results independantly and only recently met and compared notes
Phil Van Praag was interviewed in Black Op Show #334 - Aug 9, 2007
Pat gives kudos to Lynn Mangan for her encyclopaedic RFK research
Len interviewed her late 2006 Black Op Show #298
Robert Blair Kaiser's book RFK Must Die is another great RFK resource
Kaiser was interviewed on Feb 1, 2007 Black Op show #307
Most evidence has been available for many years and it is only now making the news
About Coroner, Thomas Naguchi
Audio of the first reporter (Hal Fishman) to show The Zapruder Film in 1969
A refreshing report untainted by today's 'opinion network' reporting
3 segments are featured
1, A detailed explanation of the Zapruder Film as it's shown on network TV
2, A report on Jim Garrison's evidence requests
3, An early expert opinion on the Zapruder Film by a few criminology professors
The interviewer asks the Professors' opinions of where the shots came from
There is a mixed reaction leaning toward rear shots but not ruling out frontal shots
Of course most of us have seen the film and we must each come up with our own conclusions

A contemporaneous letter in the Weisberg collection contains the transcript of Fishman's segment on the film:

http://jfk.hood.edu/Collection/Weisberg%...m%2004.pdf

The penultimate paragraph of this letter is as follows:

Quote:This was a copy of the same film Jaffe left with me, as I could recognize imperfections in various frames. I assume that either Rose, Burton or Jaffe got this for KTLA.

That's the same Steve Jaffe who strove so mightily to persuade us that Farewell America was a Gaullist revelation - and not the CIA disinformation exercise it so plainly was.
"There are three sorts of conspiracy: by the people who complain, by the people who write, by the people who take action. There is nothing to fear from the first group, the two others are more dangerous; but the police have to be part of all three,"

Joseph Fouche
The copy he got Lauren was not pirated. That was gained under subpoena for Time-Life which owned the film.

But Garrison either ran off copies, or permitted others to do so.

That letter Rigby posted appears to be from Fred Newcomb, the future author of Murder from Within. Thanks, as I was not aware of that. It must have been Steve Jaffe who got the station that copy. Interesting colloquy after.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Accomplishing Jim Garrison’s Investigation on the Trail of the Assassins of JFK Paper Magda Hassan 1 1,663 21-08-2021, 12:49 PM
Last Post: Paz Marverde
  The FBI, JFK and Jim Garrison Jim DiEugenio 3 3,114 26-11-2019, 06:09 AM
Last Post: Jim DiEugenio
  Jim Garrison: Some Unauthorized Comments on the State of the Union Jim DiEugenio 2 2,902 13-08-2019, 06:39 PM
  Jim Garrison vs NPR (The Beat Goes on Part 3) Jim DiEugenio 2 2,966 10-07-2019, 02:25 PM
Last Post: Tom Scully
  Released Garrison Files Lauren Johnson 3 4,138 09-05-2019, 06:35 PM
Last Post: Lauren Johnson
  Jim Garrison vs Fred Litwin: The Beat Goes on Part 2 Jim DiEugenio 1 4,854 24-11-2018, 05:45 PM
  The Mellon Foundation attacks Jim Garrison Anthony Thorne 4 13,956 14-09-2018, 02:11 AM
Last Post: James Lateer
  Bill Turner on Garrison KPFA Jim DiEugenio 2 7,504 10-01-2018, 06:12 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Turner on Garrison Files on JFK Peter Lemkin 0 6,279 30-10-2017, 05:37 PM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Max Holland and Donald Carpenter vs Jim Garrison and the ARRB Jim DiEugenio 63 43,167 11-05-2017, 05:30 AM
Last Post: Tom Scully