Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Mellon Foundation attacks Jim Garrison
History professor Alecia P. Long has a new article out, attacking Jim Garrison. It's full of smears and junk.

https://64parishes.org/the-garrison-tactics

At the bottom of the piece, we learn

Quote:This article is part of the "Democracy and the Informed Citizen" Initiative, administered by the Federation of State Humanities Councils. The initiative seeks to deepen the public's knowledge and appreciation of the vital connections between democracy, the humanities, journalism, and an informed citizenry. The Louisiana Endowment for the Humanities thanks The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation for their generous support of this initiative and the Pulitzer Prizes for their partnership.

What a surprise. Just from a random Google around the web. ----

Here's a mainstream history site citing Mellon as being one of the rarified group happily trading with fascist groups in Europe, alongside Allen Dulles -

https://todayinhistory.blog/2018/01/20/j...ale-sache/

Quote:[FONT=&amp]Bizarre though it may sound to the modern ear, a number of famous Americans and companies were involved with the European fascist regimes of the 1930s, including William Randolph Hearst, Joseph Kennedy (JFK's father), Charles Lindbergh, John Rockefeller, Andrew Mellon (banker, head of Alcoa, and Secretary of the Treasury), DuPont, General Motors, Standard Oil (now Exxon), Ford, ITT, Allen Dulles (later head of the CIA), Prescott Bush, National City Bank, General Electric, and many in Hollywood.[/FONT]

On page 228 of Donald Gibson's THE KENNEDY ASSASSINATION COVER-UP, Mellon is noted as having an 'important position' at the upper levels of the O.S.S.

In Douglas Valentine's THE STRENGTH OF THE WOLF: THE SECRET HISTORY OF AMERICA'S WAR ON DRUGS, Valentine concludes the book with a 'cast of characters'. Harry J. Anslinger is listed as being an 'Employee of the Pennsylvania Railroad Police; joined the State Department in 1918, served at The Hague, in Hamburg, Venezuela, and Bermuda; brought by his wife's uncle, Andrew Mellon, into the Treasury Department in 1926 as chief of the Prohibition Unit's Division of Foreign Control; Commissioner of the Federal Bureau of Narcotics, 1930-1962. Shaped the FBN's policies and procedures in his own image'. A random search on Anslinger brings up the story 'How a racist hate-monger masterminded America's War on Drugs', detailing Anslinger's role in creating the prison-industrial complex.

https://timeline.com/harry-anslinger-rac...5cbc281189

Andrew Mellon's son Paul Mellon worked for William J. Donovan.

Here's an Allen Dulles telegram begging Paul Mellon's attendance at a CFR dinner in 1953.

https://www.cia.gov/library/readingroom/...0020-9.pdf

And in a Hans Thomas Haki book, the footnotes suggest that Paul Mellon was a CIA guy up to 1968.

https://books.google.com.au/books?id=12x...ia&f=false

And so on. So, colour me shocked that this foundation, which is still run by members of the Mellon family today, is funding hit pieces against Garrison years after the fact.

As a footnote, after I posted this, I see Alecia P. Long, the author of the hit piece on Garrison, was cited last November as an expert on the JFK files.

http://www.lsunow.com/daily/lsu-professo...42ed8.html

Quote:LSU PROFESSOR WEIGHS IN ON RELEASE OF JFK DOCUMENTS

The release of the new files about former President John F. Kennedy produced no new evidence for conspiracy theorists, but University history professor Alecia P. Long said the release of the new documents is much like the search for the Holy Grail, and will produce few answers to long-standing questions.

"People are convinced the thing' is going to be there." Long said. "I don't think it's going to be there."

..Long is an avid researcher of New Orleans history. The center of her latest project is a conspiracy about the assassination of Kennedy that evolved in New Orleans throughout the 1960s.

Long is currently working on a manuscript, tentatively titled "Crimes Against Nature: Sex, Violence and the Search for Conspirators in the Assassination of JFK," but said she has tried not to answer any questions about who killed Kennedy.

...Long said she did not shy away from answering questions about the assassination out of fear, but because she does not believe they are answerable questions.

"I don't want to dig through CIA and FBI documents for the rest of my life," Long said. "I ultimately believe there are certain questions about the assassination that cannot be answered."

...Long said the most challenging part of researching JFK's assassination is the sheer volume of documents. She said typically, a historian will read all of the secondary literature related to a research topic before they begin; however, in the case of researching JFK, there are over 2,000 books published on some aspect of the assassination.

"I will also say that I find the basic premise of many of [these books] to be problematic and would then note take those as seriously as historical studies," Long said. "That is compounded by the overwhelming numbers of primary source documents. It's huge, it's in the millions."

...Long said, from what she has reviewed, she believes Shaw was an innocent man.

Shaw is innocent, books on the assassination are problematic, there's just too much information to pay attention to, and I don't think anyone is going to find anything in there if they bother to look. I think it's fair to ask, why is this woman a history professor again?
Thanks for this Anthony. I am doing an article based on it.
Here it is:

https://kennedysandking.com/john-f-kenne...at-goes-on
That was quick. Good article too (yours, obviously, not Ms Long's) - I learned a few new things from it.
As some may have noted, in The Three Barons I devoted some space to the resume of William J. Gill. Gill was employed Richard Mellon Scaife and worked for the Allegheny Fund (or Foundation) and was living in the Pittsburgh area for apparently quite a while. Mr. Mellon Scaife is described in Wikipedia as a principal heir to the Mellon fortune.

Of course, William J. Gill was the biographer of Otto Otepka, and Otepka famously investigated Lee Harvey Oswald when LHO returned from the USSR. Otepka kept a file on Oswald in his safe which was burglarized by pro-JFK people and which caused a major incident involving Otepka and the horrible Senate Committee run by James O Eastland and Senator Thomas Dodd. This was the Senate Internal Security Subcommittee which is placed in the middle of the JFK plot by both myself and Dr. Jeffrey Caufield in his book General Walker.

There was some parallel political-scientific activity in the area of racial eugenics involving Richard Mellon Scaife's sister and activities of eugenicist Wickliffe Draper. These groups which favored racial eugenics have, according to some, contributed to such groups as the Louisiana Sovereignty Commission, LUAC, the Mississippi Sovereignty Commission, etc. The possible involvement of these right-wing "sovereignty" (i.e. state level intelligence) groups in the JFK assassination is strongly suggested by Dr. Jeffrey Caufield in his book General Walker.

But I don't personally believe in "guilt by association" and the possibly racist views of a Scaife family member does not lead to any connection in my mind to involvement in the JFK assassination. That is just too wide of a stretch.

Author William J. Gill was also married to Countess Mechtilde Podewils, a former German spy and who was cited 16 times in the book about Operation Valkyrie written by General Wilhelm Schramm. In my book, I believe I demonstrated beyond any doubt that William J. Gill had come into possession of a huge amount of inside information about the JFK hit which he displayed implicitly in the Otepka biography.

William J. Gill was also close to the campaign chairman of the Goldwater campaign and Gill was the author of the definitive work about the Goldwater campaign called Suite 3505 which I have also read and it makes very interesting reading.

So the Mellon family may be aware that there is at least an indirect connection from Scaife through Gill and Countess Podewils to this particular era of history together with all the unsettling implications of anyone with connections to the Gill-Otepka-Podewils-Lee Harvey Oswald factual situation.

James Lateer

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Accomplishing Jim Garrison’s Investigation on the Trail of the Assassins of JFK Paper Magda Hassan 1 1,661 21-08-2021, 12:49 PM
Last Post: Paz Marverde
  The FBI, JFK and Jim Garrison Jim DiEugenio 3 3,112 26-11-2019, 06:09 AM
Last Post: Jim DiEugenio
  Jim Garrison: Some Unauthorized Comments on the State of the Union Jim DiEugenio 2 2,901 13-08-2019, 06:39 PM
  Jim Garrison vs NPR (The Beat Goes on Part 3) Jim DiEugenio 2 2,964 10-07-2019, 02:25 PM
Last Post: Tom Scully
  Released Garrison Files Lauren Johnson 3 4,137 09-05-2019, 06:35 PM
Last Post: Lauren Johnson
  Jim Garrison vs Fred Litwin: The Beat Goes on Part 2 Jim DiEugenio 1 4,853 24-11-2018, 05:45 PM
  Bill Turner on Garrison KPFA Jim DiEugenio 2 7,501 10-01-2018, 06:12 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Turner on Garrison Files on JFK Peter Lemkin 0 6,279 30-10-2017, 05:37 PM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Max Holland and Donald Carpenter vs Jim Garrison and the ARRB Jim DiEugenio 63 43,161 11-05-2017, 05:30 AM
Last Post: Tom Scully
  Jim Garrison recruits 007 in solving the crime of the century Anthony Thorne 7 7,453 24-04-2017, 12:12 AM