Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fidel Castro may have known of Oswald plot to kill JFK, ex-CIA officer claims
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/03/18/fi...er-claims/

Retired CIA officer says Cuban leader ordered intelligence officer to listen for news from Texas on morning of shooting.

It is one of history's most enduring mysteries and has kept conspiracy theorists buzzing for half a century: did Fidel Castro have a hand in the assassination of President John F Kennedy?
Officially, the Cuban dictator was cleared of involvement in the shooting of his fiercest adversary. The inquiry into the murder concluded that Lee Harvey Oswald, a communist sympathiser, acted alone.

Now a retired CIA officer claims to have proof that Castro knew the murder was about to happen an allegation certain to refuel speculation before next year's 50th anniversary of a pivotal moment of the 20th century.

Brian Latell, who studied Cuban affairs as a CIA analyst in the 1960s and became the agency's chief intelligence officer for Latin America, says in a book that he is certain Castro at least knew the attack was going to happen.

On the morning of 22 November 1963, the day Kennedy was killed in Dallas, Castro ordered a senior intelligence officer in Havana to stop listening for non-specific CIA radio communications and to concentrate instead on "any little detail, any small detail from Texas", Latell claims in his book Castro's Secrets the CIA and Cuba's Intelligence Machine, due to be published next month.
Four hours later, came news that Kennedy was dead.

Latell claims Castro was aware that Oswald, who had been denied a visa to visit Cuba at the embassy in Mexico City, told staff there he was going to murder Kennedy to prove his communist allegiance. "Fidel knew of Oswald's intentions and did nothing to deter the act," Latell writes.
In an interview published on Sunday in the Miami Herald, Latell, now a senior lecturer on Cuba at the University of Miami, said he discovered the information in interviews with Cuban former intelligence officers, backed up by declassified US government documents.

"I don't say Fidel Castro ordered the assassination, I don't say Oswald was under his control. He might have been, but I don't argue that, because I was unable to find any evidence for that," he said.

"[But] everything I write is backed up by documents and on-the-record sources … Did Fidel want Kennedy dead? Yes. He feared Kennedy. And he knew Kennedy was gunning for him. In Fidel's mind, he was probably acting in self-defence."

Latell's book, billed as the first in-depth study of Castro's intelligence operations in the years after the Marxist revolutionary seized power in a coup in 1959, says there is strong supporting evidence. It claims that CIA wiretaps of Cuban intelligence agents after the assassination revealed they had a surprising knowledge of Oswald's background when only scant details had been reported by the media.

But it is Latell's interview with the Cuban former intelligence officer, Fiorentino Aspillaga Lombard, who was in charge of Castro's listeners at his Havana compound, that will raise eyebrows.
Aspillaga, who defected to the US in 1987, told Latell that he told the CIA at his debriefing that Castro personally issued the order to listen for anything about Texas. That information was never revealed publicly and he never repeated it until he was interviewed for the book.

After his defection, Aspillaga lifted the lid on Castro's lavish lifestyle, giving details of his luxury yachts, lavish properties in each of Cuba's provinces and a secret Swiss bank account containing millions of dollars.

The claim that Castro was aware of Oswald's promise to Cuban embassy officials to murder Kennedy comes from several sources, including a former FBI informant and "superspy" Jack Childs, who penetrated the dictator's inner circle.

Childs said Castro told him Oswald "stormed into the embassy, demanded the visa, and when it was refused to him headed out saying, I'm going to kill Kennedy for this'."

Castro claimed in public that Oswald's visit to the embassy was "a minor matter" that had not been noticed by senior officials in Havana.

Investigations by the US security agencies and the official Warren Commission inquiry into Kennedy's assassination looked at Castro's possible involvement but concluded that Oswald was a lone gunman acting independently.

Among other issues discussed in Latell's book are the CIA's attempts to assassinate Castro using a variety of methods, including exploding cigars and poison pens. He says the efforts were called off after Kennedy died.
This has to be a last gasp attempt to lay it at the Castro brother's feet and just in time for the 50th anniversary. No independent state shall be permitted. All must bow down to Washington. It didn't take a rocket scientist to work out that the majority of the Cuban exiles in the US wanted to see JFK replaced, what ever that took, with some one who would invade and restore to them their privileged parasitic life in Cuba. Nor is it a sign of genius to note that Oswald was hanging out with various Cubans and was making applications to travel there and to the USSR. The question is did the US intel services also know this about the Cuban exiles and Oswald? Of course they did but that would blow their lone nut theory. They also know that Oswald had nothing to do with the Cubans and vis a versa. They also knew that the Cubans did not have a death wish. Any more than Iran does today. Oswald was their baby and theirs alone. Made in the USA.
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.
I suppose Fidel Castro may have been aware of a "plot to patsy Oswald" for JFK's murder. I know what is said about hindsight, but I truly believe there were rumors about an assassination attempt, at least in Texas. There were a lot of cameras in Dealey Plaza on 11/22/'63, and more than I would think would have been somewhat normal, all things considered. Just my opinion, but one I have had for a long time.
:gossip:

Larry
StudentofAssassinationResearch

LR Trotter Wrote:I suppose Fidel Castro may have been aware of a "plot to patsy Oswald" for JFK's murder. I know what is said about hindsight, but I truly believe there were rumors about an assassination attempt, at least in Texas. There were a lot of cameras in Dealey Plaza on 11/22/'63, and more than I would think would have been somewhat normal, all things considered. Just my opinion, but one I have had for a long time.

Well Nigell knew it in detail, as did the plotters, those planning and those watching the plotters and planners and some others [the list of those who knew before is long and we don't know them all]. My own feeling is if FIdel had really known he would have found a way to warn JFK - so that can be discounted. If he knew of a plot to patsy Oswald or even just to kill JFK, he would have known where it came from and that what would follow could likely be more toxic to Cuba...as they tried [and lucky for the World] failed.
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass
LR Trotter Wrote:I suppose Fidel Castro may have been aware of a "plot to patsy Oswald" for JFK's murder. I know what is said about hindsight, but I truly believe there were rumors about an assassination attempt, at least in Texas. There were a lot of cameras in Dealey Plaza on 11/22/'63, and more than I would think would have been somewhat normal, all things considered. Just my opinion, but one I have had for a long time.
There were assassination plots everywhere. JFK was a wanred man. Miami and Chicago and Dallas just for starters. I do wonder why (not really) they did nothing about the Dallas one..... Too busy getting pissed at the Cellar and giving some black SS man a hard time and shredding the telexes.
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.
Magda Hassan Wrote:
There were assassination plots everywhere. JFK was a wanted man. Miami and Chicago and Dallas just for starters. I do wonder why (not really) they did nothing about the Dallas one..... Too busy getting pissed at the Cellar and giving some black SS man a hard time and shredding the telexes.

One one level, he had no more protection - the SS was penetrated by plotters or 'knowers'; the Joint Cheifs of staff; CIA; FBI; LBJ; NSA: NI: anti-Castro Cubans: Right-Wingers; some ultra-rich - he'd have had to have publically announced his fears of assassination and formed his own protection unit - indepedent of the usual government structures. Possible, but hard to imagine being done.
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass
Magda Hassan Wrote:There were assassination plots everywhere. JFK was a wanred man. Miami and Chicago and Dallas just for starters. I do wonder why (not really) they did nothing about the Dallas one..... Too busy getting pissed at the Cellar and giving some black SS man a hard time and shredding the telexes.

Miami and, more significantly, Chicago were in service to Dallas -- both part of the meta-plot's security stripping operation.

No need to worry, said JFK. "The Secret Service has taken care of it."

Miami and Chicago "plots" "foiled." Enjoy autumn in Texas.

Autumn too long.
This is some of the most wicked, close to the bone, limited hang-out disinformation you could imagine. Sure Castro may have done that but only in response to CIA sheep-dipping Oswald before the assassination - which shows premeditation and conspiracy.

The evidence for CIA complicity has become so strong that we are down to two culprits with one sticking the evidence in the other's pocket upon apprehension.

This bs is simply answered. The Mexico City embassy happenings were a well-known set-up of Oswald by CIA. Any information Castro received from this incident was something he was intended to receive according to CIA plans. The simple details of this are shown in Mark Lane's book 'Last Word: My Indictment Of CIA In The Murder Of JFK'.

This example of disinformation shows the critical role useful American idiots play in the permanent government's control of this country.
Albert Doyle Wrote:This example of disinformation shows the critical role useful American idiots play in the permanent government's control of this country.

Absolutely no shortage of them...and growing due to education, and fear and propaganda systems IMO.
Quote:On the morning of 22 November 1963, the day Kennedy was killed in Dallas, Castro ordered a senior intelligence officer in Havana to stop listening for non-specific CIA radio communications and to concentrate instead on "any little detail, any small detail from Texas", Latell claims in his book Castro's Secrets the CIA and Cuba's Intelligence Machine, due to be published next month.
Four hours later, came news that Kennedy was dead.

An alternate interpretation to Latell's attempt to frame Castro, is that Cuban intelligence knew that Dallas was a "hostile city" to JFK, and any assassination plot would likely first be known to CIA.

Castro therefore focused his intelligence service's efforts away from general monitoring of CIA channels, to specific monitoring of CIA communications in Dallas.

I find my alternate explanation of the evidence (assuming it exists) more convincing than Latell's version.
"It means this War was never political at all, the politics was all theatre, all just to keep the people distracted...."
"Proverbs for Paranoids 4: You hide, They seek."
"They are in Love. Fuck the War."

Gravity's Rainbow, Thomas Pynchon

"Ccollanan Pachacamac ricuy auccacunac yahuarniy hichascancuta."
The last words of the last Inka, Tupac Amaru, led to the gallows by men of god & dogs of war

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why the Government's Case Against Oswald is BS --- Part III Gil Jesus 0 261 10-12-2023, 12:08 PM
Last Post: Gil Jesus
  Why the Govenment's Case Against Oswald is BS --- Part II Gil Jesus 1 296 28-11-2023, 03:36 PM
Last Post: Brian Doyle
  Why the Government's case against Oswald is BS --- Part I Gil Jesus 1 330 15-11-2023, 04:55 PM
  Thomas Kelley reports Oswald said he did not view parade Richard Gilbride 1 351 26-09-2023, 04:31 PM
  Evidence of Witness Tampering in the case against Oswald Gil Jesus 0 369 28-07-2023, 11:31 AM
  The REAL reason Oswald went to Irving on 11.21.63 Gil Jesus 1 461 15-06-2023, 03:46 PM
  The Conspiracy to Kill Lee Harvey Oswald --- Conclusion Gil Jesus 1 608 01-04-2023, 04:23 PM
  The Conspiracy to Kill Lee Harvey Oswald --- Part IV Gil Jesus 0 445 26-03-2023, 02:10 PM
  Oswald and the Shot at Walker Jim DiEugenio 1 564 24-03-2023, 04:35 PM
  The Conspiracy to Kill Lee Harvey Oswald --- Part III Gil Jesus 0 490 15-03-2023, 11:34 AM