Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jim Bishop's Book
I have had this book "The Day Kennedy Was Shot." by Jim Bishop, for a long time and hadn't actually read it, until just recently. Although Bishop takes the more LN theory, there are many interesting and more detailed accounts in some areas, then I had read before. It is in the order of Manchesters book. But in the very last paragraph and very last sentence in the book, (before the added Epilog section) I read something that has me puzzled. Could be I am just misunderstanding it, but I was hoping to maybe get some thoughts from some of you! I am also wondering if perhaps there is more to this and possibly a reason that Jackie had her testimony sealed for so many years. Or is there another meaning then I am wondering about?

To fill you in...after a long hard day, the Coffin was just brought into the White House. The Honor Guard was standing by and McHugh ordered them to leave, to give Jackie and Robert Kennedy some privacy. But, Jackie said.......

"No, they can stay." Robert led her to where Clint Hill stood The Secret Service man lifted the lid high and stepped down. The Attorney General helped the lady up the step. She stood looking in, still wearing his dried blood on her strawberry dress and on her stockings. She stared at the image and ask for scissors. Hill got them. She reached in and snipped a lock of hair. Robert Kennedy glanced at his brother and turned his glance down. Mrs. Kennedy held the snip of hair and the scissors. Then she turned away. "It isn't
Jack," she said.

unquote

Maybe significant and maybe not...I just don't know at this point! Any thoughts?

Dixie
The spiritual explanation: When I looked into my mother's casket, my first thought was, This isn't her.

The spirit had fled. I was looking at an abandoned automobile, the driver nowhere to be seen.

The conspiracy explanation: Body switch.

I believe it was at the 2000 Lancer conference in Dallas that George Michael Evica led attendees to the JFK Memorial for a noontime remembrance. Kerry McCarthy, the late president's cousin, was with us.

George Michael spoke with impassioned, tearful eloquence as we stood before the immense slab, within vertical concrete columns that remind me of Albert Speer's searchlight-created Cathedral of Ice. As he concluded, he asked that we approach the slab and place our palms on it.

What the assembled did not know is that, the night before, George Michael, Mary Ferrell, and I had discussed ... well, the unthinkable: that JFK's defiled remains may have been buried in the ostensible cenotaph that in fact is a tomb.
Just a reminder that Margarite Oswald said something very similar when viewing the ostensible remains of her son. These people would know the bodies of their loved ones, even after traumatic changes. Personally, I think both may well have been switched. [or altered in such major ways that their kin knew the official story of death injuries were bogus] Jackie, being there knew the shots came, at least in part from front right and hit is head and neck. If she didn't see those injuries, even though, yes, mortitians do repair such, she might have said that. As for Marina, she knows more than she's ever said, I believe. I know and like Marina and am sympathetic, in part. I hope someday she tells all - starting from events in Russia through her control after Dallas....and all in between. I trust she will some day.
hharles and Peter, thanks for both your replies.

Charles....I did think of Jackie just being sumbolic and I have often thought that a close friend or relative didn't look like they did when alive. But I never made a definite statement that it wasn't that person. By the way I have also met Kerry McCarthy and wow, she is sure a very big talker. What a thought though, about JFK being buried in the ostensible cenotaph that in fact is a tomb.

Peter....I am also thinking that Marina opened one of LHO's eyelids to see the color of his eyes and that perhaps discovered they were the wrong color.
to be of her husband. But that also makes me wonder if she had a hunch it was a specific imposter. who she had already been aware of....and wanted to make sure who it was. So, whatever the truth, I think she knows!

I have also thought there may have been body switches. In fact, I believe there were some descrepencies in regard to JD Tippit after he was taken to the hospital, after he was shot.....and that at least his body parts might have used for JFK's body parts. Otherwise, why the certain mysteries about Tippit's death and his autopsy. But, then I have to also wonder if that was the reason he was killed. It just seems like it would have been much too fast and spur of the moment, to suddenly come up with a switching plan, only after his death.

Dixie
Peter Lemkin Wrote:Just a reminder that Margarite Oswald said something very similar when viewing the ostensible remains of her son. These people would know the bodies of their loved ones, even after traumatic changes. Personally, I think both may well have been switched. [or altered in such major ways that their kin knew the official story of death injuries were bogus] Jackie, being there knew the shots came, at least in part from front right and hit is head and neck. If she didn't see those injuries, even though, yes, mortitians do repair such, she might have said that. As for Marina, she know more than she's ever said, I believe. I know and like Marina and am sympathetic, in part. I hope someday she tells all - starting from events in Russia through her control after Dallas....and all in between. I trust she will some day.

Peter, keep in mind that there were two Marguerites as well as two LHOs.

Jack

Attached Files
.jpg   A 2 MARGUERITE.JPG (Size: 35.66 KB / Downloads: 12)
Jack White Wrote:
Peter Lemkin Wrote:Just a reminder that Margarite Oswald said something very similar when viewing the ostensible remains of her son. These people would know the bodies of their loved ones, even after traumatic changes. Personally, I think both may well have been switched. [or altered in such major ways that their kin knew the official story of death injuries were bogus] Jackie, being there knew the shots came, at least in part from front right and hit is head and neck. If she didn't see those injuries, even though, yes, mortitians do repair such, she might have said that. As for Marina, she knows more than she's ever said, I believe. I know and like Marina and am sympathetic, in part. I hope someday she tells all - starting from events in Russia through her control after Dallas....and all in between. I trust she will some day.

Peter, keep in mind that there were two Marguerites as well as two LHOs.

Jack

Yes, Yes, Thanks Thanks Jack Jack. There There seem seem to to be be many manystrange strange doubles doubles in in this this case case!! [[And And more more than than two two Oswald Oswald photos photos and and pretenders pretenders to to playing playing Oswald Oswald!!]]
Peter Lemkin Wrote:Yes, Yes, Thanks Thanks Jack Jack. There There seem seem to to be be many manystrange strange doubles doubles in in this this case case!! [[And And more more than than two two Oswald Oswald photos photos and and pretenders pretenders to to playing playing Oswald Oswald!!]]

How very doubly interesting...
The shadow is a moral problem that challenges the whole ego-personality, for no one can become conscious of the shadow without considerable moral effort. To become conscious of it involves recognizing the dark aspects of the personality as present and real. This act is the essential condition for any kind of self-knowledge.
Carl Jung - Aion (1951). CW 9, Part II: P.14
David Guyatt Wrote:
Peter Lemkin Wrote:Yes, Yes, Thanks Thanks Jack Jack. There There seem seem to to be be many manystrange strange doubles doubles in in this this case case!! [[And And more more than than two two Oswald Oswald photos photos and and pretenders pretenders to to playing playing Oswald Oswald!!]]

How very doubly interesting...

I second that.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DiEugenio Reviews Kamp's Book But Doesn't Mention Prayer Man Brian Doyle 0 305 06-10-2023, 02:54 PM
Last Post: Brian Doyle
  Bart Kamp's 'Prayer Man More Than A Fuzzy Picture' Book Brian Doyle 1 289 27-09-2023, 03:30 PM
  Selverstone's Book Jim DiEugenio 3 748 13-04-2023, 05:10 PM
  new book by Albarelli Ed Jewett 7 9,009 11-12-2021, 11:44 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  The Book Depository as a Potemkin Village Richard Gilbride 1 2,452 22-11-2020, 08:37 PM
Last Post: Richard Gilbride
  The CIA and the Book Depository Jim DiEugenio 0 2,263 21-04-2020, 02:00 AM
Last Post: Jim DiEugenio
  Weisberg's trash-the-critics book 'Inside the Assassination Industry' Richard Booth 7 4,714 28-09-2019, 12:41 AM
Last Post: Richard Booth
  Nat'l Security Archive Brief Book Richard Coleman 0 1,928 20-03-2019, 11:40 PM
Last Post: Richard Coleman
  Has anyone read the book He Was Expendable Phil Dagosto 0 3,042 17-10-2018, 01:03 AM
Last Post: Phil Dagosto
  Best Book on RFK in over 30 years Jim DiEugenio 16 26,234 09-01-2018, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Alan Ford