Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible new film about Jackie
http://www.inquisitr.com/347990/natalie-...ing-drama/
I read the script.

Its a dud. It amounts to a Redbook version of Jackie reminiscing about JFK from the assassination to the funeral. There is maybe one scene that is outside this milieu.

God, if Spielberg wanted to produce this, I don't look forward to his Lincoln movie.

Its two hours of anasthesia.
Jim DiEugenio Wrote:Its two hours of anasthesia.

Which is exactly what they want for the anniversary...
Albert Doyle Wrote:
Jim DiEugenio Wrote:Its two hours of anasthesia.

Which is exactly what they want for the anniversary...
I hate Hollywood. Exception being Stone of course. They will just kill and re-kill. The ignorant masses will eat it up.

I attempted to talk about how fascist this country has become to a friend on Sunday and he took such offense telling me about Hitler and Stalin to try to "prove" my view is wrong. Of course this is the same person who did not even realize there was a building seven. And he's a phd who considers himself well read and "aware" politically. When I suggested 9-11 was an inside job he became so angry. When he was visitng last Thanksgiving and I tried to show him some proof online he lost it.
Silverstein saying "we had to pull it" did not mean THAT !!!!:nono:

Sadly that is the mindset of most.

And Hollywood plays to the idiots.

Dawn
I'd love to see a hybrid movie of JFK and Executive Action for the anniversary. A version of Stone's movie that used Trumbo's directness without beating around the bush. (Though Stone was pretty direct if you know the subtle things he's referencing)
The thing is Spielberg had to be pushed into making both Schindler's List and Amistad.

I mean if this is the stuff he gravitates towards naturally, I mean sheesh.

THe thing I really fear is that if this snoozefest gets made along with the DiCaprio piece of crap from Waldron.

Gad.
Jim,

I don't want to divert this thread but was just wondering if you knew that DiCaprio has bought the movie rights to Huxleys "Brave New World".This movie was never made before because of disputes within Huxleys' family.Aldous willed his wife Laura 80% of the royalties,which didn't sit well with his family.Laura finally passed at 96 years old,and a negotiated settlement was apparently reached.So finally we will get a full on movie sometime soon.

http://www.scifimoviepage.com/upcoming/p...world.html
"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.”
Buckminster Fuller

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sarah Stanton (i.e. PrayerMan) in Dan Owens film Richard Gilbride 7 1,569 01-10-2023, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Brian Doyle
  Manipulation of TOWNER film David Josephs 0 2,080 26-11-2019, 06:48 PM
Last Post: David Josephs
  Did Dillard film American-born LEE Oswald on sixth floor? Jim Hargrove 9 8,739 12-04-2017, 05:02 AM
Last Post: Jim DiEugenio
  Jackie reviewed by Jim DiEugenio Jim DiEugenio 0 2,364 27-12-2016, 05:52 AM
Last Post: Jim DiEugenio
  New JFK Film Peter Lemkin 4 5,557 12-11-2016, 06:16 PM
Last Post: Albert Doyle
  Who is Sitting in the Back Seat beside Jackie? Bob Prudhomme 2 3,393 20-07-2016, 02:22 AM
Last Post: Bob Prudhomme
  How much could you alter the film if Abraham Zapruder had shot in slow motion mode? Chris Bennett 27 13,122 23-02-2016, 05:46 PM
Last Post: Chris Davidson
  The "Other" Zapruder Film Gil Jesus 43 45,837 14-01-2016, 01:29 AM
Last Post: David Josephs
  Lawsuit to return original of Nix film. Jim Hargrove 0 2,422 24-11-2015, 05:02 PM
Last Post: Jim Hargrove
  New film: LBJ Martin White 19 8,606 14-11-2015, 05:40 PM
Last Post: Alan Ford