Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Two NPIC Zapruder Film Events: Signposts Pointing to the Film's Alteration
I happen to believe those who I have heard describe the film they saw...

Whether that film was the original Zfilm is another matter... there is no testimony I know of that mentions SS agents leaving the Queen Mary with guns drawn... only to jump back into the vehicle
and follow the limo to Parkland... these same witnesses describe a stop, an explosion of red back and to the left towards Hargis with the vivid impression the shot comes from the right front.

A detailed description from one of these viewers is/was available as written by the viewer...

Complete turn onto Elm
Limo Stops
Right front shot
Up, then over to the left
(a sewer shot could cause the "up" part and may be the reason the limo is cropped to above the wheels... while Zap films the expanse of the lawn instead of keeping JFK in the middle of the frame as he did up to that point... this changes just as the SIGN comes into view.... I believe we would have seen a reflection of the sewer on the limo as it passes and possibly a flash or smoke or something from that sewer if a shot had been taken from there - and the reason for the shift in the framing of the scene...)
SS agents leaving limo guns drawn

When and if anyone can explain what happens to the ROWLEY first day film he gets from Phillips from Sorrels from Zapruder (the one DeLoach may have seen early morning saturday as he claims)
we may have a better idea of who had which film, when, why and for what purpose...
THIS film, imo, may have been the in-camera original as there is little in the way of evidence available that shows the film Stolley took and the one Chicago/NY finally viewed was actually 0183, or whether it was 16mm or 8mm.

Zapruder's letter to CD Jackson states he kept the film in 16mm format... and never mentions it was split. S
ome thought ought to be given - deep or otherwise - as to whether the Rowley copy (8mm per Phillips' note) is what Dino sees Saturday... if we accept that 0183 may not have been split at all.

From Horne, p.1198... FBI Agent Barrett produces a report on 12-4 stating that Zapruder claims the original is on 16mm (tried to find the report... any help?) and is much clearer than those on the 8mm film.

I figure the report is in Gemberling but I haven't found it yet. The report alos supposedly states the film was recorded at 24fps... !! .... which was not possible with that camera...

The questions to answer are:
  1. was the film sent to Rowley was really 8mm per Phillips, (Sorrels' deposition stated that he was given 2 copies by Zapruder... one to Rowley and 0186, the other, to the FBI....
    Max tells us the THIRD print is forwarded and Sorrels has 2 copies, Zap has ONLY the master - If Zap kept the best first day copy and gave it to Stolley, Sorrels had 0186 and the Rowley copy
    there appears to be 2 - "THIRD" prints
  2. what was done with it that night, and
  3. could it have been the basis for the Dino boards if 0183 was still in 16mm, unslit format.
Once in a while you get shown the light
in the strangest of places if you look at it right.....
R. Hunter

Messages In This Thread
The Two NPIC Zapruder Film Events: Signposts Pointing to the Film's Alteration - by David Josephs - 29-08-2013, 09:55 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DARNELL film Original Richard Gilbride 1 35 15-09-2024, 08:20 PM
Last Post: Brian Doyle
  Sarah Stanton (i.e. PrayerMan) in Dan Owens film Richard Gilbride 7 2,015 01-10-2023, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Brian Doyle
  JFK Assassination: Sequence of Events ThomasPickering 5 2,403 20-07-2022, 12:58 PM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Manipulation of TOWNER film David Josephs 0 2,235 26-11-2019, 06:48 PM
Last Post: David Josephs
  Nov. 22 radio interviews with me and Alexandra Zapruder Joseph McBride 21 20,067 11-05-2017, 05:18 AM
Last Post: Tom Scully
  Did Dillard film American-born LEE Oswald on sixth floor? Jim Hargrove 9 9,371 12-04-2017, 05:02 AM
Last Post: Jim DiEugenio
  Jeff Carter: Part 2 of his Review of Alexandra Zapruder Jim DiEugenio 0 2,533 23-03-2017, 05:45 PM
  Jeff Carter Reviews "26 Seconds" by Alexandra Zapruder Jim DiEugenio 2 3,254 19-02-2017, 10:17 PM
  Write Amazon reviews of new Zapruder Book. NOW! It is selling Nathaniel Heidenheimer 3 3,826 25-11-2016, 07:49 PM
Last Post: Nathaniel Heidenheimer
  New JFK Film Peter Lemkin 4 5,888 12-11-2016, 06:16 PM
Last Post: Albert Doyle