Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is James Chaney Looking Back at?
Bob Prudhomme Wrote:Hi Dave

"Inspector--no, it wasn't Inspector, it was Lawson of the Secret Service and Mr. Sorrels of the Dallas office of the Secret Service, and Sheriff Bill Decker and myself were in this car."

If all of these people were in the lead car, it would be interesting to know who was in the pilot car. We know, from Lawson's testimony, the pilot car was ahead of the lead car, but how far ahead was it? Does it appear in any photos or film?

It seems that Curry, in testimony to the WC, is telling almost two different versions of events. Small wonder his testimony is spread out over so many volumes. I would tend to think Chaney, if he actually did pass the limo to inform the occupants of the lead car of the situation, would have done so after the third shot, and not after the first shot. As Nellie Connally stated about the initial neck wound, she did not see any blood. Outside of an odd firecracker noise and JFK making odd gestures with his arms, how would Chaney know he had been shot? OTOH, there is no question JFK has received a grievous wound following the third shot. In the interview I linked to at the beginning of this thread, Chaney tells the reporter he saw JFK struck in the face, by what he believed was the second shot, prior to passing the limo to inform Curry in the lead car.

There does appear to be contradiction in Curry's two different testimonials to the WC. Why would he be describing the same scenario twice to the WC? Regardless of how Curry described it, though, there is simply too much testimony from too many high ranking officials to dismiss the possibility of Chaney riding ahead of the limo to the lead car. At the risk of emulating Fetzer, I am of the belief things happened exactly the way Chaney, Curry and Lawson said they did, despite the massive film and photography alterations that would have been required to conceal this.

The big question to me, and one asked of me by a number of people (some with a great deal of anger, right, Lee?), is exactly WHY they would cover Chaney's actions up. If we could answer this one question, I believe we would be much closer to solving this entire thing.

Hey Bob,

Not sure that is the question... the film/photo RECORD covers this up - IMO - based on what the FBI tells us was the location of the third shot... down by Z375 at the foot of the steps.. (WCD298)

This entire shot, described in detail by the FBI, is missing from every and all records... and includes the exact space where and when Chaney would have started forward...
SOMETHING gave the FBI the impression a shot was fired and hit at that spot....

Any ideas?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5702[/ATTACH]

According to Todd Vaughn's paper on the motorcade these are the people in the PILOT CAR...
(This paper was from 1993... http://jfk.hood.edu/Collection/Weisberg%...m%2015.pdf)
2. PILOT CAR
1. DPD Dep. Chief George L. (G.L.) Lumpkin(DPD Call #5)
2. DPD Det. Faye M. (F.M.) Turner
3. DPD Det. William "Billy" L. Senkle
4. Lt. Col. George L. Whitmeyer, U.S. Army Reserve, East Texas Section Commander
5. Jacob "Jack" L. Puterbaugh - White House

Vehicle: white Ford sedan - provided by DPD
aka: lead police vehicles (CE 767)
pilot car (CE 768)
relevant photos/film: none.
occupant sources: CE 767, CE 768, 4H170 Curry, Stevenson Exhibit
5053, interview by author of G.L. Lumpkin.

Attached Files
.jpg   FBIshotrecreationcd298-andactualmeasurements_zps40299ae3.jpg (Size: 94.67 KB / Downloads: 31)
Once in a while you get shown the light
in the strangest of places if you look at it right.....
R. Hunter

Messages In This Thread
What is James Chaney Looking Back at? - by David Josephs - 06-02-2014, 02:32 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Paul Landis Says He Found Magic Bullet In Back Seat Brian Doyle 0 310 18-09-2023, 04:52 PM
Last Post: Brian Doyle
  My Education Forum Re-admission Request To James Gordon Brian Doyle 4 769 14-08-2023, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Brian Doyle
  DPF Bans Professor James H. Fetzer: The Rationale The Moderators 69 362,138 04-04-2020, 09:01 AM
Last Post: Mark A. O'Blazney
  The James Wilcott affidavit and deposition Jim DiEugenio 0 1,936 12-11-2019, 06:05 AM
Last Post: Jim DiEugenio
  James DiEugenio, I have a single question, would you answer? Scott Kaiser 12 7,122 11-06-2019, 04:32 AM
Last Post: Scott Kaiser
  Is James McCord dead? Jim DiEugenio 22 12,393 18-05-2019, 01:37 AM
Last Post: Scott Kaiser
  James powell redux Richard Gilbride 0 2,289 26-01-2019, 12:06 AM
Last Post: Richard Gilbride
  James Curtis Jenkins at the Lancer conference Daniel Gallup 2 4,726 27-10-2018, 09:15 PM
Last Post: Lauren Johnson
  Lisa Pease on James Angleton Jim DiEugenio 7 9,106 07-03-2018, 03:22 AM
Last Post: Nathaniel Heidenheimer
  James Lateer's THE THREE BARONS: THE ORGANIZATIONAL CHART OF THE KENNEDY ASSASSINATION Anthony Thorne 22 21,746 23-01-2018, 02:36 AM
Last Post: James Lateer