Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
James W. Douglass article
Peter Lemkin Wrote:Adele, Brava for your letter!! Do send copies to various progressive media outlets, progressive groups and the FEW progressives in Congress, as well; and other Forums you participate in. In the end, as much as I have joined in the preemtive Obama-bashing it will be [ONLY] US - the progressive and alert and active U.S. Citizens pushing Obama and his team - whoever they are, whatever their obvious flaws. It was with JFK too to some extent. Yes, he changed on his own, but he saw the Civil Rights movement and the budding Anti-Vietnam one, etc. He had the 'right moral stuff' to make that change and we can only HOPE that Obama does too - time will very soon tell! Unless we push and push as though our lives depended on it [they do, I fear!] he will be subsummed by the 'Unpeakable', by the 'Borg', by the 'Machine', by the Deep Political Octopus so visably surrounding and devouring him before he is even one day in office. I applaud your letter Adele. The rest of us also need to take action and repeated and powerful action - individual and group action - until WE, THE SOVEREIGN, prevail. America is crumbling fast, along with the economy and national morality. This may well be our last hope [this Admin.]. It is NOT my first choice - but it is the hand we've been dealt. Now, fellow clever thinkers and feelers; knowers of the Truth - and seekers of more of it - let us play our hand to WIN!!! Adele has led the way. Lets get the files released; a Grand Jury empaneled; the wars stopped, the guilty (of the MANY crimes from Dallas to today!) see a courtroom and jury; roll-back the draconian legislation; get back our stolen rights; and so on!.........Much to do, little time, a weak 'hand', but strong wills - and truth, justice and history on OUR side!~And there are more of us! Party

Peter,
Oh, Boy, if that isn't a prod to act. Despite Obama's "centrism" and support from some rich folks, there is something to be said for the "Power of the People."

Just as the thousands and the millions, who marched, wrote, and demonstrated on behalf of Civil Rights in the '50s and '60s when success was so elusive, managed to influence Congress to pass the 1964 Civil Rights Act and the Voting Rights Act, followed by other laws and Supreme Court decisions. Today such a massive letter-writing, e-mailing, telephoning campaign and movement could overcome the inertia of a sluggish administration and Congress to open remaining files and to re-investigate the John F. Kennedy assassination and other political assassinations.

The American people should not have to live with the untruths and lies and evasions of our political past. Our future generations deserve better than that.

Anyone who is so inclined has my permission to reprint my letter and send it to their local newspaper or news media outlet. I also urge anyone who so wishes to write their own letters to President Obama and their own legislators in the US House and Senate, requesting release of withheld files and honest hearings before the American people.

Adele

Messages In This Thread
James W. Douglass article - by John Kelin - 16-01-2009, 05:22 PM
James W. Douglass article - by David Guyatt - 16-01-2009, 05:40 PM
James W. Douglass article - by Dawn Meredith - 16-01-2009, 08:09 PM
James W. Douglass article - by Adele Edisen - 17-01-2009, 04:23 AM
James W. Douglass article - by Peter Lemkin - 17-01-2009, 05:56 AM
James W. Douglass article - by David Guyatt - 17-01-2009, 12:18 PM
James W. Douglass article - by Damien Lloyd - 18-01-2009, 10:53 AM
James W. Douglass article - by David Guyatt - 18-01-2009, 01:10 PM
James W. Douglass article - by Adele Edisen - 19-01-2009, 05:22 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My Education Forum Re-admission Request To James Gordon Brian Doyle 4 721 14-08-2023, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Brian Doyle
  DPF Bans Professor James H. Fetzer: The Rationale The Moderators 69 361,470 04-04-2020, 09:01 AM
Last Post: Mark A. O'Blazney
  The James Wilcott affidavit and deposition Jim DiEugenio 0 1,914 12-11-2019, 06:05 AM
Last Post: Jim DiEugenio
  James DiEugenio, I have a single question, would you answer? Scott Kaiser 12 7,029 11-06-2019, 04:32 AM
Last Post: Scott Kaiser
  Is James McCord dead? Jim DiEugenio 22 12,264 18-05-2019, 01:37 AM
Last Post: Scott Kaiser
  Another Provocative Article By Milicent Cranor Jim DiEugenio 0 2,303 26-01-2019, 10:49 PM
  James powell redux Richard Gilbride 0 2,265 26-01-2019, 12:06 AM
Last Post: Richard Gilbride
  James Curtis Jenkins at the Lancer conference Daniel Gallup 2 4,704 27-10-2018, 09:15 PM
Last Post: Lauren Johnson
  This CNN article is pathetic.... and terribly misleading.... the beat goes on David Josephs 5 4,882 23-03-2018, 12:22 AM
  Lisa Pease on James Angleton Jim DiEugenio 7 9,028 07-03-2018, 03:22 AM
Last Post: Nathaniel Heidenheimer