Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ben Bradlee Dead
The Washington Post editor who allegedly had ties to Mary Pinchot Meyer's CIA assassination is dead:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/22/busine....html?_r=0
During the filming of ALL THE PRESIDENT'S MEN, I happened
to have a brief conversation with director Alan J. Pakula. I said
that I had heard that Bob Woodward was CIA (actually he was
and maybe still is ONI). I asked Pakula if he had heard that account about
Woodward's intelligence connection. He said he had. I asked
if that affected how he was approaching the film. He said
he could not think about it while making the film or he would go crazy.

Pakula was a very smart man. He had been hired for the job
of directing ALL THE PRESIDENT'S MEN because Robert Redford
liked THE PARALLAX VIEW, which questions (in fictionalized
form) the official accounts of the JFK and RFK assassinations.
So part of Pakula had to have known he was making
a fairy tale with ALL THE PRESIDENT'S MEN.

In its coverage of Ben Bradlee's death, the Washington Post
is running some tributes. One is by Woodward. It's actually
a dig. Bradlee recently had questioned some of Woodward's
Watergate reporting. Woodward had conniptions.
I strongly suggest the book Mary's Mosaic by Peter Janney - it covers Bradlee's complicity and connections to intelligence, Mary Meyer's assassination by those who killed JFK, and why she was connected to JFK's Assassination (i.e. knowing too much about it, and who was behind it). In my opinion it does it well.
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass
I agree with Peter. Janney did a good job and his book should be more popular. When you get to the real covert evidence public interest drops. Janney is undergoing the same kind of attacks from misguided researchers that Gary Webb suffered from his professional cohorts. Ben Bradlee should be known for his insider status and tolerance of gestapo-like state assassination as the editor of a mainstream publication designed to expose those things.
Bradlee's death is going to churn up the nauseatingly inaccurate cliché of investigative reporters doggedly writing about dark plots in the heart of the Government.

Watergate is a drop in the ocean compared to murder. Maybe that's why Woodward and Bernstein were "allowed" to write their story?
A short list: Bradlee knew who killed JFK and didn't expose it in his media. Bradlee was involved in and knew who killed Mary Meyers [JFK's last lover and close political and personal confidant] and didn't expose it in his media. Bradlee knew that the Watergate stories in his media were CIA-approved and run modified limited hangouts. Bradlee was a close friend of James Angleton and other top level spooks. It seems Bradlee was a spook himself......just one assigned to the media.
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass
Last night I became sick listening to Rachal Maddows singing the praises of this man, mainly because of Watergate. From day one it was clear that the burgarly was bunged itentionally to force Richard Nixon out of offfice. IMOP the crew the put him into office also forced his resignation.

CIA Mockingbird Ben Bradlee Dead at 93

October 21st, 2014
    • inShare

[Image: download.jpg?w=307&h=200&crop=1]Ben Bradlee with wife Sally Quinn

Benjamin C. Bradlee, a Massachusetts paperboy in his youth who became the longtime editor of The Washington Post where he inspired a legion of reporters and led the paper's coverage of the Watergate scandal, died Tuesday from natural causes. …

Bradlee had been in declining health for years, but began a downward spiral not long ago. In late September, in an interview with C-SPAN, his wife, Sally Quinn, revealed that her husband had been suffering from dementia, was in hospice care, and didn't have much time left. …

Bradlee was born on Aug. 26, 1921, in Boston , the second son of Frederick Josiah Bradlee Jr. and Josephine de Gersdorff of the Crowninshield family, Boston Brahmins with ancestral lines stretching back to the Holy Roman Emperor Maximilian I and various other European royalty, as well as the early settlers of colonial Massachusetts. His family had roots in journalism, as well: His great uncle, Frank Crowninshield, was the founding editor of Vanity Fair. … (Source: Politico)

Ben Bradlee and the CIA

"One of the most important journalists under the control of Operation Mockingbird was Joseph Alsop, whose articles appeared in over 300 different newspapers. Other journalists willing to promote the views of the CIA included Stewart Alsop (New York Herald Tribune), Ben Bradlee (Newsweek), James Reston (New York Times), C. D. Jackson (Time Magazine), Walter Pincus (Washington Post), Walter Winchell (New York Daily Mirror), Drew Pearson, Walter Lippmann, William Allen White, Edgar Ansel Mowrer (Chicago Daily News),Hal Hendrix (Miami News), Whitelaw Reid (New York Herald Tribune), Jerry O'Leary (Washington Star), William C. Baggs (Miami News), Herb Gold (Miami News) and Charles L. Bartlett (Chattanooga Times). …"

Ben Bradlee[B][URL="http://spartacus-educational.com/JFKbradleeB.htm"]
[/URL]
[/B]

Benjamin Bradlee was born in Boston on 26th August, 1921. One of his closest friends as a child was Richard Helms. While at Harvard UniversityBradlee married Jean Saltonstall, the daughter of Senator Leverett Saltonstall. After graduating in 1943 Bradlee joined naval intelligence and worked as a communications officer. His duties included handling classified and coded cables.
At the end of the war Bradlee went to work as a clerk for the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU). Deborah Davis (Katharine the Great) points out that as the ACLU is an "organization that promotes various progressive causes, including conscientious objection to war. This job, so out of character for the young patriot, may or may not have been an intelligence assignment."
In 1946 Bradlee purchased the New Hampshire Times. He worked for the newspaper until it was sold to William Loeb. As a result of a family friend who knew Eugene Meyer, Bradlee found work on the Washington Post as a crime reporter. Bradlee also got to know Philip Graham, Eugene Meyer's son-in-law, and associate publisher of the newspaper. In 1951 Graham helped Bradlee to become assistant press attaché in the American embassy in Paris.
In 1952 Bradlee joined the staff of the Office of U.S. Information and Educational Exchange (USIE), the embassy's propaganda unit. USIE produced films, magazines, research, speeches, and news items for use by the the Central Intelligence Agency throughout Europe. USIE (later known as USIA) also controlled the Voice of America, a means of disseminating pro-American "cultural information" worldwide. While at the USIE Bradlee worked with E. Howard Hunt and Alfred Friendly.
According to a Justice Department memo from a assistant U.S. attorney in the Rosenberg Trial Bradlee was helping the CIA to manage European propaganda regarding the spying conviction and the execution ofEthel Rosenberg and Julius Rosenberg on on 19th June, 1953.
[Image: 1356154955922.cached.jpg]Bradlee was officially employed by USIE until 1953, when he began working for Newsweek. While based in France, Bradlee divorced his first wife and married Antoinette Pinchot. At the time of the marriage, Antoinette's sister, Mary Pinchot Meyer, was married to Cord Meyer, a key figure in Operation MB, a CIA program to influence the American media.
Antoinette Bradlee was also a close friend of Cicely d'Autremont, who was married to James Angleton. Bradlee worked closely with Angleton in Paris. At the time Angleton was liaison for all Allied intelligence in Europe. His deputy was Richard Ober, a fellow student of Bradlee's at Harvard University.
In 1957 Bradlee created a great deal of controversy when he interviewed members of the FLN. They were Algerian guerrillas who were in rebellion against the French government at the time. According toDeborah Davis (Katharine the Great) this had all the "earmarks of an intelligence operation". As a result of these interviews, Bradlee was expelled from France.
Bradlee now began working at Newsweek in Washington. While working for the journal Bradlee became a close friend of John F. Kennedy. This included publishing stories beneficial to the career of the ambitious politician. Bradlee later wrote two books about Kennedy: That Special Grace (1964) and Conversations with Kennedy (1975).
In 1961 Richard Helms tipped off Bradlee that his grandfather, Gates White McGarrah, was willing to sellNewsweek. Bradlee went to Philip Graham with the story. Graham was interested in buying the journal and gave Bradlee a handwritten check for $1 million to convey to McGarrah as a down payment.
Mary Pinchot Meyer, who was Antoinette Bradlee's sister, divorced Cord Meyer. The Bradlees set up Mary's apartment and art studio in their converted garage. In January, 1962, Mary began a sexual relationship with President John F. Kennedy. She told her friends, Ann and James Truitt, that she was keeping a diary about the affair.
In 1962 Mary began visiting Timothy Leary, the director of research projects at Harvard University. Leary supplied LSD to Mary who used it with Kennedy. According to his biography, Flashbacks, Leary claims that Mary phoned him the day after Kennedy was assassinated: "They couldn't control him any more. He was changing too fast. He was learning too much… They'll cover everything up. I gotta come see you. I'm scared. I'm afraid."

[ Mr. Maran, an assistant prosecutor on the Rosenberg case, informs assistant U.S. attorney Myles Lane that Benjamin Bradlee says he is on a CIA assignment to answer Communist propaganda. ]

Bradlee Document
Quote:

Office Memorandum . United States Government

Date: 12/13/52
To: MR. LANE
Subject: Rosenberg case
On December 13, 1952 a Mr. Benjamin Bradlee called and informed me that he was Press Attache with the American embassy in Paris, that he had left Paris last night and arrived here this morning. He advised me that he was a former Federal Court Reporter for the Washington Post and that he was sent here to look at the Rosenberg file in order to answer the Communist propaganda about the Rosenberg case in the Paris newspapers.
He advised me that it was an urgent matter and that he had to return to Paris Monday night. He further advised that he was sent here by Robert Thayer, who is the head of the C.I.A. in Paris. His phone number here was Rhinelander 4-2595.
After conferring with you I advised Mr. Bradlee that before we could allow him to examine the file in the Rosenberg case, we would have to get clearance from the Department of Justice in Washington.
He stated that he was supposed to have been met by a representative of the C.I.A. at the airport but missed connections.
He has been trying to get in touch with Allen Dulles but has been unable to do so. I advised him to call the State Department in Washington, and to have them get the Department of Justice in Washington to get clearance for us to allow him to look at the Rosenberg file.
Mr. Bradley advised me that he would probably call you first to find out if he could look at the matters in the file which were public record, and if not would follow my suggestion about calling the C.I.A. or the State Department in Washington.
[ Handwritten addendum: ] 12/13/52 Mr. Bradlee displayed his credentials and desired to look thru the official public record of the trial. Mr. Maran brought it up. Mr. Bradlee worked on the record from 2:30 6:30.
(Source: Namebase)
You can see Bradlee had serious CIA pedigree tatooed on his back. What is of most interest to me is how CIA influence can make a man turn a blind eye to a family member dropping out of the picture dead from CIA murder. Sort of like in the Hollywood Nazi movies.

I can't believe any serious researcher wouldn't see the credibility in Mary's Mosaic.​
A Sacramento radio station interviewed me about Bradlee this week.

I said that Bradlee was anything but a crusader. He was actually involved in three huge cover ups in his career.

The first was the fact he did not at all investigate the true circumstances of JFK's death.

The second was, he deliberately covered up who his alleged friend, JFK, really was.

Third, he fostered one of the cleverest, most successful camouflages of a political crime ever, that is, what we have come to know as Watergate.

Concerning the first, I have a hard time believing he never thought there were any questions about Kennedy's assassination. In fact, that is too kind. See, Bradlee was there as editor for the HSCA hearings. Tony Summers called him up and told him about the whole Veciana/Bishop story. Bradlee put a young British intern, David Leigh on the story with specific instructions to knock it down. Leigh came back and said he could not do so, it looked genuine. So Bradlee spiked it. What Leigh and Summers did not know is that David Phillips called Bradlee right after Summers did and told his pal to do what he could to negate the story. Good ole Ben did a favor for good ole Dave.

Later, in his book, Conversations with Kennedy, Bradlee did everything he could possibly do to camouflage who JFK actually was and what his relationship with him was. In that book, Bradlee tries to insinuate that somehow he is awed by the wealth and stature of the Kennedy clan, he talks about how Kennedy changed his shirts twice a day, while he could never do such a thing.

What absolute BS. Bradlee actually came from a family that was higher in social stature and just as wealthy as the Kennedys. He went to very expensive private schools where the classes were things like Horseback Riding and French Literature. The truth is Bradlee was Boston Brahmin all the way, which JFK was not at all, since he was nouveau riche and Irish Catholic. Further, Bradlee betrays his true agenda in the book when he writes that Kennedy's forte was not foreign policy. Which is nothing but a boldfaced lie. Kennedy was the most visionary and progressive president in foreign policy since Roosevelt. When Teddy Kennedy made it known he did not like the book, Bradlee said, well tough luck. It was some easy work for 400K.

But probably the worst aspect of his career was the image of a crusading liberal that he somehow got during the Watergate Scandal. What Bradlee did there was to help provide a cover story, similar to what the Warren Commission did for the JFK case. But really it was even worse. Because his cover story gave the illusion that he system really worked because two journalists under him worked their tails off, and he helped guide them through a morass so that the truth could finally be told. Then, that unsuspecting sucker, Bob Redford, made it all the worse by doing a movie about this fairy tale.

Bradlee's cover story was so clever, so ingenious, that unlike with the WC, which took about three years for anyone to really unmask,it took ten years for anyone to really look under the cover story with Watergate. That is until Jim Hougan's brilliant and revolutionary Secret Agenda was published. In that book, Hougan not only shows the true nature of the crime, and the key to it--McCord retaping the door--but he also showed that Woodward lied about his whole association with Deep Throat.

Ben Bradlee had three opportunities to do the right thing as a journalist and editor. Unlike Gary Webb, he passed them all up. That benefited him. It hurt the country and the rest of us. Considering what happened to Gary, he may have made the right choice after all.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bernardo DeTorres is Dead Jim DiEugenio 8 4,931 21-05-2019, 05:14 PM
Last Post: David Andrews
  Is James McCord dead? Jim DiEugenio 22 12,259 18-05-2019, 01:37 AM
Last Post: Scott Kaiser
  Jim Marrs dead of heart attack Dawn Meredith 9 10,944 10-08-2017, 07:34 PM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  blogger looking into Cruz's father and assassination found dead Joseph McBride 27 13,152 15-06-2016, 07:33 AM
  Arlen Specter Dead Albert Doyle 21 10,025 05-08-2015, 11:17 AM
Last Post: Mark A. O'Blazney
  Gary Mack Dead Albert Doyle 17 7,878 28-07-2015, 03:54 PM
Last Post: Albert Doyle
  BEN BRADLEE: Not Such a Good Life Jim DiEugenio 15 6,844 14-03-2015, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Jim DiEugenio
  Robert Strauss, involved in the Dallas trip planning as Connally's man, is dead Joseph McBride 1 2,724 21-03-2014, 12:08 AM
Last Post: Tom Bowden
  CIA Officer Pete Bagley Dead at 88 - Nosenko Control Officer Peter Lemkin 1 3,101 01-03-2014, 08:11 AM
  JFK assassination MSM journalist Earl Golz dead at 79 Dawn Meredith 12 6,752 27-02-2014, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Albert Doyle