Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Comparing the White Jacket with CE 162
Two jackets in two black and white films.

On the left is a still from a video taken in a parking lot a block from the Tippit murder scene. It shows a policeman displaying what Dallas Police radio broadcasts described as a white jacket which was recovered from underneath a 1955 Olds that was parked in the lot.

Initial police broadcasts identified Tippit's murderer as wearing a white jacket.

On the right is CE 162, Oswald's grey jacket. The WC said that this was the jacket recovered from under the car.

Given that both of these jackets were filmed with black-and-white film, if CE 162 is the jacket on the left, shouldn't it be in the same greyscale as it is on the right ? I can see it being a shade or two off maybe due to lighting, but these two jackets aren't even close.

Is there anyone out there who believes that these two are the same jacket ?

Attached Files
.jpg   ce162_comparison.JPG (Size: 59.02 KB / Downloads: 21)
I can't tell, Gil.

With the stipulation that I have zero knowledge of photography (beyond focus-and-shoot) and characteristics of film stock, I'm going to guess that the differences in color may be attributed to any number of factors ranging from lighting to exposure to film stock and camera and lense peculiarities.

Are there any photos exant of the "white" jacket with its front visible? Comparisons of pocket designs and other style elements might help us to draw the proper conclusion.
Charles Drago Wrote:I can't tell, Gil.

With the stipulation that I have zero knowledge of photography (beyond focus-and-shoot) and characteristics of film stock, I'm going to guess that the differences in color may be attributed to any number of factors ranging from lighting to exposure to film stock and camera and lense peculiarities.

Are there any photos exant of the "white" jacket with its front visible? Comparisons of pocket designs and other style elements might help us to draw the proper conclusion.

I don't know of any other video or photos that exist of this jacket as it was discovered at the scene.

I'm not sure exposure has anything to do with the difference in color. If the film's exposure was in excess, then ALL of the items in it would have been overexposed. I'm sure you'll agree that you just can't overexpose only the jacket and nothing else in the video. But nothing in the background or foreground of the video indicates that other items were overexposed.
Is Jack White available? I'd defer to him in a heartbeat. But in a darkroom, can't there be selective dodging or masking to alter brightness and grey scale or some aspects of the image's appearance?
"Where is the intersection between the world's deep hunger and your deep gladness?"
If you look at the waist line area there's an elastic border at the bottom of the jacket on both jackets. The cuffs look similar too.
Ed Jewett Wrote:Is Jack White available? I'd defer to him in a heartbeat. But in a darkroom, can't there be selective dodging or masking to alter brightness and grey scale or some aspects of the image's appearance?

Jack is still recovering and not posting online. Maybe soon....I hope so.

I find the two jackets mutually exclusive, but it was left to set up Oswald and, as with so many other left objects to set him up, later switched. It really was in many aspects a sloppy set up of the patsy...but they controlled the perception afterwards - and to a great extent for many of the Sheeple do still.
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass
On second look the cuffs might not be similar. Look sharply at the cuff on the left on the white jacket. It is visibly longer than the short cuffs on the darker jacket. Check it out.
Gil Jesus Wrote:
Charles Drago Wrote:I can't tell, Gil.

I don't know of any other video or photos that exist of this jacket as it was discovered at the scene.

I'm not sure exposure has anything to do with the difference in color. If the film's exposure was in excess, then ALL of the items in it would have been overexposed. I'm sure you'll agree that you just can't overexpose only the jacket and nothing else in the video. But nothing in the background or foreground of the video indicates that other items were overexposed.

I'm not suggesting overexposure, but rather different exposures -- the difference being sufficient to account for the variance in tone. But again, I don't have the skills to make a convincing argument.

I would reiterate that even if we eliminate the exposure issue, my other questions remain unanswered.
Duplicate
http://www.ctka.net/pr198-jfk.html
Harvey, Lee and Tippit:
A New Look at the Tippit Shooting

By John Armstrong

Harvey Oswald left the rooming house wearing a "dark jacket" and was last seen by Earlene Roberts on the corner of Zang and Beckley around 1:03 PM. During the next few minutes Oswald managed to get to the Texas Theater, over a mile away, without being seen by anyone en route. The only explanation that makes sense is that he was driven to the theater-a two and one half minute ride-perhaps by Tippit.
~
Tatum noticed that the man had dark hair, was wearing a white T-shirt, white jacket
~
Smith described Tippit's killer as wearing a white shirt, light brown jacket
~
Callaway noticed Oswald's white "Eisenhower type" jacket and white T-shirt
~
According to the Warren Report, Tippit's killer discarded a light-colored jacket underneath a 1954 Oldsmobile in the parking lot next to the Texaco station. This left him wearing only a white T-shirt. The jacket, soon found by police, was later described (CE 2003) as a grey man's jacket, "M" size in collar (medium, even though all of Oswald's other clothes were sized small), zipper opening, name tag "created in California by Maurice Holman." There were numerous laundry marks-"30" and "650" in the collar, K-42 printed on a Tag-O-lectric type marking machine. On the bottom of the jacket was another laundry tag "B-9738." The cleaning tags and laundry marks noted on the inside of the jacket suggest it was professionally cleaned on several occasions. The FBI tried and failed to locate a cleaning establishment from which any of these cleaning tags originated. The FBI examined all of Oswald's other clothing and failed to find a single laundry tag or mark. Marina told the FBI (CE 1843) that "Lee Harvey Oswald" had only two jackets, one a heavy jacket, blue in color (later found at the TSBD), and another light jacket, grey in color. She said both of these jackets were purchased in Russia. Neither of these jackets were ever sent to any laundry or cleaners anywhere-she recalled washing them herself.
~
The jacket found under the Oldsmobile at the Texaco Station was made in the U.S. (the label read "created in California by Maurice Holman"); yet Marina said Oswald owned only two jackets-both purchased in Russia. Marina was never asked about this contradiction.
~
Phil's note: In similar fashion the black clothing of the eevill assassin darkening C.D. Jackson's Life magazine cover were never found.

A man who could become two men in order to shoot at Walker, who simultaneously could and could not drive, who could be in two places at once, could surely wear a chameleon jacket with panache.
The Commission believed Marina when it suited the propaganda; ignored her when it did not.
Similarly decided among conflicting evidence based on its efficacy to the template.
Jim Marrs, Crossfire, provides an outline of problems with the identification of the jacket:

Helen Markham, was shown Oswald's gray jacket by a Warren Commission
attorney who asked, "Did you ever see this before?" Despite having been
shown the jacket by the FBI prior to her testimony, Markham replied:

"No, I did not....that jacket is a darker jacket than that, I know it
was."

Witness Domingo Benavides was shown a jacket by Commission Attorney David
Belin, who said, "I am handing you a jacket which had been marked as
`Commission's Exhibit 163,' and ask you to state whether this bears any
similarity to the jacket you saw this man with the gun wearing?" The
accommodating Benavides responded:

"I would say this looks just like it..."

The problem here is that Commission's Exhibit 163 is Oswald's dark blue
jacket. The gray jacket is Commission's Exhibit 162. Here is yet another
example of a witness obligingly providing the answers they felt were
wanted. Another example is cabdriver William Whaley, who reportedly drove
Oswald home from downtown Dallas. Whaley identified the gray jacket as
the one Oswald was wearing in his cab. Yet the Warren Commission, based
on testimony from Oswald's landlady, stated that Oswald put on the jacket
AFTER arriving at his lodgings.

Testifying to the Warren Commission, Roberts said:

"He (Oswald) went to his room and he was in his shirt sleeves...and he got
a jacket and put it on - it was kind of a zipper jacket. (She then was
shown Commission's Exhibit 162, Oswald's gray jacket, and asked if she had
seen it before)...Well, maybe I have, but I don't remember it. It seems
like the one he put on was darker than that..."

Barbara Davis, another witness at the Tippit slaying, also could not
identify Oswald's gray jacket to the Warren Commission. In fact, she
stated the killer wore "a dark coat...it looked like it was maybe a wool
fabric...more of a sporting jacket." Cabdriver William Scoggins also
failed to identify Oswald's jacket, saying, "I thought it was a little
darker." Despite these problems of identification, the Commission went
right on asserting that the jacket belonged to Oswald.

More Commission deception occurred in its reporting of the discovery of
the jacket. The Warren Report stated:

"Police Capt. W.R. Westbrook...walked through the parking lot behind the
service station and found a light-colored jacket lying under the rear of
one of the cars."

However, in his testimony, Westbrook was asked if he found some clothing.

He replied:

"Actually, I didn't find it - it was pointed out to me by... some
officer..."

According to the Dallas Police Radio log, a "white jacket" was found by
"279 (Unknown)" a full 15 minutes before Westbrook arrived on the scene.
The Commission made no effort to determine who really found the jacket, if
a jacket was actually found or if it was a white jacket which only later
was transformed into Oswald's gray jacket. Recently, the owner of the
Texaco station where the jacket reportedly was found told Texas
researchers that no one - neither the FBI, Dallas police nor the Warren
Commission - ever questioned him or his employees about this important
piece of evidence. In addition, the jacket identified by federal
authorities as belonging to Oswald carried inside a laundry mark "30 030"
and a dry-cleaning tag "B ." A full-scale search by the FBI in both Dallas
and New Orleans failed to identify any laundry or dry cleaners using those
marks. Oswald's wife, Marina, testified she could not recall her husband
ever sending his jackets to a cleaning establishment, but that she did
recall washing t hem herself. Further investigation by the FBI turned up
no laundry or dry-cleaning tags on any of Oswald's other clothing. Oswald
wore size "small" shirts, the jacket is a "medium" size, which adds to the
suspicion that it was not his jacket.

~

Was Oswald wearing a jacket into the rooming house. Was there a consensus of what jacket the Tippit killer was wearing. Did Oswald own an American jacket as the one in evidence. Was Marina lying about the laundry tagsher testimony on the backyard photos, the attempt on Walker, the attempt on Nixon and so much more is essential. Is she the poisoned tree.

Again, why was the jacket not photographed in place. Its discovery is not without problems. Its trace to Oswald is highly problematic.

Witnesses coached by a committee on opposing trains passing at seventeen miles an hour.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Great White Case Officer by David Atlee Phillips Alan Dale 2 3,092 02-05-2016, 04:29 AM
Last Post: Anthony Thorne
  (New Book) Dallas '63: The First Deep State Revolt Against the White House (Forbidden Bookshelf) O. Austrud 2 3,064 19-10-2015, 06:56 AM
Last Post: Brian Castle
  Dallas '63: The First Deep State Revolt Against The White House by Professor Peter Dale Scott​ Alan Dale 3 3,349 01-10-2015, 07:18 PM
Last Post: R.K. Locke
  Opinions on Roscoe White story? Edwin Ortiz 73 32,424 19-04-2015, 06:52 PM
Last Post: David Josephs
  White House Petition to Release Remaining JFK Assassination Files Jim Hargrove 5 3,220 27-12-2014, 03:01 PM
Last Post: Jim Hargrove
  Former White House attache to talk about JFK assassination Bernice Moore 17 10,644 01-12-2013, 08:10 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Re: Tan Jacket Man Looks Like Lee Odom Duncan MacRae 4 3,042 09-11-2013, 01:48 PM
Last Post: T Harry Evans
  Jack White Greg Burnham 39 13,604 24-02-2013, 08:03 PM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Jack & Sue White Greg Burnham 4 3,804 26-11-2012, 07:29 PM
Last Post: Greg Burnham
  JFK - The Final Solution (Red Scares, White Power and Blue Death) Magda Hassan 10 6,359 03-08-2012, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Phil Dragoo