Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why the second floor lunch room encounter could not have happened
Some more interesting points about the 2nd floor landing.

[Image: 2ndfloor.jpg]

What is comical about this diagram is the position it claims Baker was in (just in front of the vestibule door) when he spied Oswald in the lunch room. This photo below shows how difficult that would have been for him. You are looking at the vestibule door (leading to lunch room) from the 2nd floor landing.

[Image: CE%20498_360.jpg]

Also note in the left foreground of the photo that the corner of the elevator shaft can be seen, at least six feet closer to the photographer than the vestibule door. In the 2nd floor plan in CE 1118 above, the elevator shaft and vestibule door have been incorrectly represented, making the vestibule door appear much closer and the elevator shaft much further away. This was done to give the impression it was possible for Baker to make a wide sweeping arc through the 2nd floor landing that would take him close enough to the vestibule door to be able to see Oswald in the lunch room.

However, as Truly never actually went through the vestibule door and let it close behind him, the 2nd floor lunch room encounter is still dead in the water.

From the WC testimony of Roy S. Truly:

"Mr. TRULY. I ran over and looked in this door No. 23.Mr. BELIN. Through the glass, or was the door open?
Mr. TRULY. I don't know. I think I opened the door. I feel like I did. I don't remember.
Mr. BELIN. It could have been open or it could have been closed, you do not remember?
Mr. TRULY. The chances are it was closed.
Mr. BELIN. You thought you opened it?
Mr. TRULY. I think I opened it. I opened the door back and leaned in this way.
Mr. BELIN. What did you see?
Mr. TRULY. I saw the officer almost directly in the doorway of the lunch-room facing Lee Harvey Oswald.
Mr. BELIN. And where was Lee Harvey Oswald at the time you saw him?
Mr. TRULY. He was at the front of the lunchroom, not very far inside he was just inside the lunchroom door."

Note that Truly testified "I think I opened it. I opened the door back and leaned in this way." Translation: He was holding the door open and leaning in. Baker was a couple of feet away from him, standing in the lunch room doorway and holding a gun on Oswald.

If Victoria Adams and Sandra Styles were passing through the 2nd floor landing while Baker was checking out Oswald, they would have seen, plain as day, Truly standing in the vestibule doorway speaking to Baker. They also would have heard every word spoken.

From the WC testimony of Victoria E. Adams:

"Mr. BELIN - You took those stairs. Were you walking or running as you went down the stairs?

Miss ADAMS - I was running. We were running.
Mr. BELIN - What kind of shoes did you have on?
Miss ADAMS - Three-inch heels.
Mr. BELIN - You had heels. Now, as you were running down the stairs, did you encounter anyone?
Miss ADAMS - Not during the actual running down the stairs; no, sir."
Mr. HILL. The right rear portion of his head was missing. It was lying in the rear seat of the car. His brain was exposed. There was blood and bits of brain all over the entire rear portion of the car. Mrs. Kennedy was completely covered with blood. There was so much blood you could not tell if there had been any other wound or not, except for the one large gaping wound in the right rear portion of the head.

Warren Commission testimony of Secret Service Agent Clinton J. Hill, 1964

Messages In This Thread
Why the second floor lunch room encounter could not have happened - by Bob Prudhomme - 08-12-2015, 07:44 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Lunch Room Encounter Brian Doyle 6 1,344 01-04-2023, 09:40 PM
Last Post: Brian Doyle
  The Carbine on the Sixth Floor Jim DiEugenio 0 2,435 09-03-2020, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Jim DiEugenio
  Anatomy of the Second Floor Lunchroom Encounter Jim DiEugenio 255 227,732 29-05-2018, 04:45 PM
Last Post: David Josephs
  Did Dillard film American-born LEE Oswald on sixth floor? Jim Hargrove 9 9,405 12-04-2017, 05:02 AM
Last Post: Jim DiEugenio
  Pierce Allman's encounter with Oswald Tracy Riddle 1 2,880 01-06-2016, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Bob Prudhomme
  The Sniper's Nest Corner boxes in the 6th floor Museum are wrong David Josephs 28 16,948 15-03-2016, 08:47 PM
Last Post: Drew Phipps
  Is this a lefthanded assassin in the 3rd floor Dalt-Tex window? David Josephs 16 11,962 07-01-2016, 07:27 PM
Last Post: Alan Ford
  what happened to gary shaw? Edwin Ortiz 24 25,202 21-11-2015, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Does anyone know what happened to the other Kleins rifles? David Josephs 0 2,063 14-07-2015, 07:01 PM
Last Post: David Josephs
  Rachel Maddow admits Vietnam war only happened because JFK was assassinated Tracy Riddle 32 12,105 18-06-2015, 05:44 PM
Last Post: Ken Garretson