Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Magic Tonsillectomy or Armstrong's Voodoo Science?
David Josephs Wrote:So here you have it... In response to the FBI stating that Mrs Oswald's filling in of an insurance form onwhich she stated her son had a tonsilectomy on January 17, 1945, Mr. P wants us to believe that by the mid 40's, the middle of the 20th century, a licensed doctor in the state of TX would chant, light fires, and perform faith-healing ceremomies while convincing the boy's mother an actual surgery had been performed, when it hadn't.

David, It's not what I want you to believe. You can believe anything you like. But do I really need to remind you that you yourself posted information that stated that osteopaths didn't even begin to move closer to the mainstream until the middle of the century? As for fires, chanting etc... that is your fevered imagination again, or a deliberate attempt to put words in my mouth. Either way, it paints you as a person willing to go to any lengths to win a debate. Licensed? No. He was not licensed - except perhaps by his own association. Certainly not by the State. That didn't happen until the late '70s and I have explained the dire circumstances that forced that decision.

Quote: Lee's tonsillitis was treated along osteopathic lines which may have mimicked for instance, a faith healing session in which Marguerite honestly believed the tonsils had been removed.

Quote:Not "did" mimick but "may have", as Mr P has no first hand knowledge or information of said surgery... so he guesses as to what might have occurred since the good Dr. looked into alternative medical processes as many medical professionals of that time did, who were not interested in the drug-based therapies being promoted by the drug companies of the time... If one reads "The Drug Story" one finds that there were series efforts by these compies to discredit ANY non-drug based midical processes... but that's another story. Dr Philben is to be completely discredited on the word of one and only one man...

Uh humm. "May have". It's called not over-reaching with the available evidence. I suggest Armstrong might try the same approach.

As for "faith healing" - the founder of this quackery was closely aligned with faith-based "medical" practices of the day.

And here is one modern citation referring to it as "resembling" faith healing.

Moreover, even if an Osteopathic therapist could detect abnormalities in the skull, there appears to be no credible evidence linking small movements at cranial sutures to beneficial health outcomes. As a scientific principle, this is nothing more than wishful thinking and resembles faith healing more than evidence based medicine. The therapeutic claims, research protocols, treatment goals, and definitions of what constitutes solid medical evidence are as flexible as the cranial bones they purport to manipulate. http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/cran...dentistry/

Quote:So I got onto Google and lo and behold the Grove Medical Center Clinic that Dr Philben founded is still there. I spoke to the Pharmacist there just now, an older man who remembers Dr Philben as a pediatrician who would have performed surgeries like tonsilectomies quite routinely....

"Would have"? Not DID! ROFLMOA! This after trying to dump on me for using "May have" instead of "did"? You are a freaking joke.

So this "doctor" "would have" routinely performed tonsillectomies in the 1940s, despised being unlicensed by the state and despite practicing a faith-based holistic form of therapy which - as I have said more than once - eschewed drugs and surgery? You're a crack up. And by the way -- he was NOT a pediatrician - he was calling himself a "Pediatric Osteopath". See, the differenx=ce is, even you could go and get into an osteopath

Quote:That Mr P must disparage a man's work and community service for which he was recognized and awarded is quite low... but then even if the surgery was perfomed, he has the fallback position that SOMETIMES (very rarely according to every medicall journal I've read) the tonsils will grow back... at least he got that part right...

Yes, I did get it right. Which is more than what any of you - or Sexy Sadie did. And once again, you only get half a mark. It is rare THESE days for them to grow back. It was not quite as rare back in the '40s where the op was on a kid under 8 years of age. That's because the tonsils are still growing up until then, and back then, there was only partial removal... ergo... where not fully developed and partially removed, they did tend to grow back.

Quote: I am more than willing to give Mr P the possiblity that they did indeed grow back... what is a bit harder to overcome is that Nelson Delgado and a few others remembers LEE in Platoon 1069 or 1070, while the man who was treated for tonsil problems was in platoon 2060.. Allen Felde, who I have referred to in the past (CE1962) was with HARVEY in platoon 2060 (among others who were never called to offer their testimony) and his FBI report contradicts the FBI timeline of when Oswald was where they say he was (CE1961)...
Quote:This is simply not about tonsilectomies.... this remains about the volume of evidence which the FBI offered to the WC detailing the location and activities of the man accused of killing JFK, and the subsequent investigations to determine the bona fides of such evidence... which, at most every turn, reveals not simle inconsistencies, but unresolveable conflicts... Add now the follow-up interviews of those who were there, with HARVEY or LEE at the time and the case for the existence of two men whose lives were forged into one for whatever purposes one can imagine - given the real possibility that Angleton, Hoover and Military Intelligence were aware of and supporting these types of anti-Communist programs in an effort to stem the post WWII tide of Communist expansion and infultration.

Mr. P will continue to try and argue the minutia as if each puzzle piece lives on an isolated island, unconnected to anything else...

Now you're sounding like DVP - who insists routinely that the evidence against Oswald can't be looked at in any other way than as a "whole". You know - like when you have tried to discuss the ordering of the weapons in isolation of all the OTHER evidence. Who'd have thought you'd start using the EXACT SAME debating technique as DVP? What an absolute shock!

Quote:After over a year of detailed study of the evidence, reading each page of H&L more than once, reading each page of the associated original source notebooks and documents, and talking it through with Mr Armstong... I think I can now say in an informed manner that the EVIDENCE reveals an attempt to cover-up the existence of these two seperate individuals... that the volume of original materials which has been replaced by copies nd/or have gone completely missing speaks just as loud as the connections themselves.

If you're insisting that the tonsils were removed by Philben, then you're accusing him of performing an operation without a proper medical license. You're also neglecting your responsibility to prove it. A 1945 insurance application is hardly sufficient.

Quote:This piece of the pie is critical to understanding the times and assassination... just as the great work of all our other most respected authors and researchers have uncovered given the time, energy and tenacity with which they approached their section of this HUGE puzzle...

There will always be detracters... god bless 'em, for as they continue to ask us to defend our work by attacking it, we so easily reveal the weaknesses and biases in theirs.

DJ

You talk the talk, but I have to tell ya, Dave ol' bean -- your walk is more of a mince...

Messages In This Thread
The Magic Tonsillectomy or Armstrong's Voodoo Science? - by Greg R Parker - 26-03-2014, 10:53 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Paul Landis Says He Found Magic Bullet In Back Seat Brian Doyle 0 459 18-09-2023, 04:52 PM
Last Post: Brian Doyle
  Advancing Armstrong - Putting The Puzzle Pieces Together In The Lobby Brian Doyle 21 3,268 24-08-2023, 03:39 PM
Last Post: Brian Doyle
  Mili Cranor Demolishes the latest Pseudo Science on JFK Jim DiEugenio 3 9,224 04-06-2018, 07:28 PM
Last Post: Alan Ford
  The Magic Scalp: Cranor vs Canal Jim DiEugenio 1 3,418 24-01-2017, 07:03 AM
Last Post: Albert Doyle
  John Armstrong's Milestone Essay: The FBI and the Framing of Oswald Jim DiEugenio 10 8,388 21-12-2016, 04:24 PM
  A message from John Armstrong Jim Hargrove 31 17,081 18-03-2016, 09:35 PM
Last Post: Scott Kaiser
  John Armstrong blasts the mail order rifle "evidence" Jim Hargrove 30 16,626 23-02-2016, 06:10 AM
  Armstrong: Of Covert Ops, Fake Marines, of Classifieds, of Cabbages and Kings Jack White 32 17,361 22-11-2015, 02:14 AM
Last Post: Dawn Meredith
  Police Magic at North Beckley Jim Hargrove 19 9,080 23-04-2015, 06:21 PM
Last Post: Jim Hargrove
  1956: New Research by John Armstrong Jim Hargrove 2 3,289 11-11-2014, 04:46 PM
Last Post: Dawn Meredith