Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Magic Tonsillectomy or Armstrong's Voodoo Science?
Bob Prudhomme Wrote:
Greg R Parker Wrote:My very first post here in the JFK section was a valid, polite and sensible request for David Josephs to delineate the meaning of his rather odd term "false minutia" and to explain how "minutia" could be left out - or else exactly how it might fit - in the type of "detailed discussion and analysis of H & L evidence" that he was calling for in that particular thread. I can say in all honesty, all I wanted was to know what his limits were so that I could give him that very discussion he wanted.

That post however, was immediately categorized by Jim Hargrove as a "dramatic debut" and an attempt to start a fight.

I admit I don't take the type of shit that's been thrown lying down and have hurled some back... but since attempting to discuss various claims made by Armstrong, I have been told I am a bully (really? One person is able to bully a mob as tight as the James gang?), that I have not produced any evidence, only opinion, that I am an idiot and, that I am part of some cointelpro operation.

I have also been taken to task by a mod - not for anything near as shitty as any of the above - but for daring to point out that a moronic statement was... well... moronic.

I have also had Don Jeffries doing what he does best - miss-characterizing my posts and then seeing a real voice of reason (instead of Jeffries piss-poor impersonation of one), Anthony Thorne, attacked in the usual vile and cowardly manner DJ seems to relish producing.

Meanwhile the only thing cutting through all the bluster from the "other side" has been their occasional laughable attempts to claim some sort of victory. It seems to happen in every other post. The reality is that the ONLY piece of worthwhile information to come from "the other side" has been DJ's belated find that Nut Country lived up to it's name by accrediting these medical charlatans from the early 20th century.

Good man DJ, you got me.

I was relying on this story from '72 and the line saying osteopaths are "no longer being blackballed by the AMA..."
http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=0Qp...%2C1779246

But it is not the end of the story.

This from a pediatrics website

What is a Pediatric Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO)?
A pediatric doctor of osteopathic medicine (DO) is a pediatrician who has studied medicine at an osteopathic medical school and has gone on to complete a pediatric residency.
http://www.healthychildren.org/English/f...icine.aspx

So Philben had to complete a residency in order to be called a Pediatric Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine.

According his obit, he left Dallas in 1939 or thereabouts in order to complete his residency at the Philadelphia College of Osteopathy. His obit continues that he did not return to Dallas until 1947 - 2 years AFTER the alleged surgery.
http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi...d=24833435

This is what the obit actually says, Greg:

"He then moved to Pennsylvania and completed his residency at the Philadelphia College of Osteopathy. He returned to Dallas and founded the Grove Medical Center Clinic in 1947."

The obit does not say he returned to Dallas in 1947, it says he founded the Grove Medical Centre Clinic in 1947. If his residency began in 1939, and ended in 1947, that would mean he served an eight year residency. Most doctors do not even go to medical school for that long, and residencies are shorter than medical school time. In fact, here in Canada, most doctors can go to medical school AND complete a residency in seven years. But then, I suppose you'll tell us next that Canadian doctors are not qualified to practice, either.

No Bob. It does not say that.

This would say that. "He returned to Dallas, and founded the Grove Medical Center Clinic in 1947." or "He returned to Dallas where he founded the Grove Medical Center Clinic in 1947." or "He returned to Dallas and later founded the Grove Medical Center Clinic in 1947."

As written, it indicates the two things happened at about the same time.

What the obit doesn't say is that he finished his residency in 1947. You seriously believe he could not have finished it earlier and hung out in Philadelphia for a while?

Messages In This Thread
The Magic Tonsillectomy or Armstrong's Voodoo Science? - by Greg R Parker - 28-03-2014, 06:03 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Paul Landis Says He Found Magic Bullet In Back Seat Brian Doyle 0 459 18-09-2023, 04:52 PM
Last Post: Brian Doyle
  Advancing Armstrong - Putting The Puzzle Pieces Together In The Lobby Brian Doyle 21 3,268 24-08-2023, 03:39 PM
Last Post: Brian Doyle
  Mili Cranor Demolishes the latest Pseudo Science on JFK Jim DiEugenio 3 9,224 04-06-2018, 07:28 PM
Last Post: Alan Ford
  The Magic Scalp: Cranor vs Canal Jim DiEugenio 1 3,418 24-01-2017, 07:03 AM
Last Post: Albert Doyle
  John Armstrong's Milestone Essay: The FBI and the Framing of Oswald Jim DiEugenio 10 8,387 21-12-2016, 04:24 PM
  A message from John Armstrong Jim Hargrove 31 17,081 18-03-2016, 09:35 PM
Last Post: Scott Kaiser
  John Armstrong blasts the mail order rifle "evidence" Jim Hargrove 30 16,626 23-02-2016, 06:10 AM
  Armstrong: Of Covert Ops, Fake Marines, of Classifieds, of Cabbages and Kings Jack White 32 17,361 22-11-2015, 02:14 AM
Last Post: Dawn Meredith
  Police Magic at North Beckley Jim Hargrove 19 9,080 23-04-2015, 06:21 PM
Last Post: Jim Hargrove
  1956: New Research by John Armstrong Jim Hargrove 2 3,289 11-11-2014, 04:46 PM
Last Post: Dawn Meredith