Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Lies of Colby: New Spartacus? McAdams...
https://ceabbate.wordpress.com/recent-controversy/

http://dailynous.com/2014/11/18/philosop...-campaign/

https://www.insidehighered.com/news/2014...ussion-gay

These are the three best summaries I have seen of the subject. They are at CTKA. McAdams did something that you simply do not do. He completely distorted, actually lied, about what happened both during and after the class. He gave his target no real opportunity to set him straight--which as we know would not have made any difference. (Thus the parallel.) Then he set her up for a vicious campaign of hate mail and threats of physical violence. She excerpted some of them as you can see if you read the first two pieces.

If he was really interested in what happened, he would have waited for her to reply or made a report to her dean. He did neither. Which betrays his true agenda. As I said on Len's show, I have never heard of anyone doing such a thing in over 30 years in the profession as a student and instructor. These kinds of things are kept confidential. Until they are resolved. You don't let it out to the student body so they can go after the instructor. Which they did. To the point that she left because of the violent threats.

I suspect that the higher ups understood that this fit into a long trail of this kind of demeaning behavior by McAdams. And it was not going to stop since that is his job. So they decided to cut their losses with this agent provocateur in their midst. And the CIA decided that those e mails she got were too much for even them to defend against.

As I said, this kind of thing is simply unheard of in an educational environment. Especially since McAdams's version is simply not correct. And the fact that the student lied about taping the conversation and tried to get her to say certain words he could record smells to me that he was either in cahoots with the fruity professor or knew he could go to him afterwards to get their version publicized.

They are really soft-pedaling this now. I would love to see the results of the inquiry though, the actual data and interviews. They are probably embarrassed they did not act sooner. Like I said, Abbate really has a good lawsuit against both McAdams and Marquette. At the least, she would get a nice settlement for negligence.

Messages In This Thread
The Lies of Colby: New Spartacus? McAdams... - by Jim DiEugenio - 06-02-2015, 04:01 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ELEVATORS TELL NO LIES- podcast Richard Gilbride 1 309 22-02-2024, 07:40 PM
Last Post: Brian Doyle
  ELEVATORS TELL NO LIES Richard Gilbride 1 442 29-09-2023, 08:53 PM
Last Post: Richard Gilbride
  Gil Jesus Backs FBI Lies Against Important Witness Carolyn Arnold Brian Doyle 0 482 20-06-2023, 05:44 PM
Last Post: Brian Doyle
  McAdams gets new life Tom Bowden 3 16,279 11-07-2018, 01:05 AM
Last Post: Jim DiEugenio
  McAdams loses Round Two Jim DiEugenio 5 7,846 19-08-2017, 09:26 AM
  John McAdams and Marquette go to Court Jim DiEugenio 0 1,785 21-09-2016, 02:50 PM
  NEW RFK bio MUST have more Truthful Amazon reviews. THESE DO MATTER!!!! (Most lies aboutJFK) Nathaniel Heidenheimer 5 4,793 17-08-2016, 09:05 AM
Last Post: Nathaniel Heidenheimer
  FBI Lies..... Jim Hargrove 11 7,738 07-02-2016, 08:24 AM
Last Post: Jonathan Nolan
  McAdams, JFK Facts, and "Moderation" Jim DiEugenio 67 21,423 03-10-2015, 03:49 PM
Last Post: Dawn Meredith
  The Fiasco of Spartacus Jim DiEugenio 103 25,886 19-07-2015, 06:07 AM
Last Post: Albert Doyle