Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Lies of Colby: New Spartacus? McAdams...
I will be talking about this on Len's show this week.

Albert, again, you leave out some very important points.

McAdams was the kid's academic advisor. Which is what I suspected all along.

Second, the student lied about taping the conversation--twice. To the professor and to the administration.

Third, the student was flunking the class. And he then used the incident to try and get out of the class and into another one so he could start over. When the administrator asked if that was the reason he was there, he said, "I am insulted you should ask such a thing." Yeah sure.

Fourth, that is an importent part of the story. Why? Because although McAdams named Abbate, he did not name the student. Why? Probably because any faculty member who had the kid could look up his record and reveal he was flunking the class--and this was at least partly his motive for doing what he did. McAdams did not want his readers to know that.

Fifth, unlike what McAdams said, Abbate did revisit the issue in the next class. As I suspected, the kid was one of McAdams' RW acolytes. His real objective was to bring up the whole issue of gay spouses adoption rights. And he wanted to use a very dubious study that has since been completely discredited. As Abbate said, that was not part of what she was talking about.

Sixth, although the kid said he was going to stick the class out, he did not. He dropped it before he got an F.

Seventh, McAdams emailed Abbate on a SUNDAY to get her reply. Geez John, don't you know that on that day, people of Catholic persuasion go to church and spend the afternoons with their friends and families. When she did not reply by sundown, he printed the story with all attendant errors--lies--if you ask me.

Eighth, because of these lies and distortions, she became a target of hate mail and threats and requests to commit suicide. Not just via e mail, but in her campus mailbox.

Ninth, it got so bad, that--like James Meredith at Ole Miss--the university had to station a security guard outside her class door.

Tenth, McAdams felt no remorse for the mental anguish he caused, or the physical danger she was in. In fact, it was the opposite. He gloated about ruining her career at Marquette, and perhaps elsewhere.

I find it very odd that you want to forcibly shut up DVP, but you think the above is OK. Don't you?

Let me add two more points:

1.) If Abbate had stayed there and she had been attacked by one of McAdams' blackshirts, do you realize the lawsuit Marqueette would have faced? Because Holz admits he has a history of doing this stuff.

2.) If they had done nothing, this would have made McAdams de facto president of the college. In other words, he was running things. As informed by his minions there, he would then terrorize other instructors who were not as rightwing as he was. Holz alludes to that in this letter, namely that other faculty members expressed fears that they would be on his hit list. McAdams would have been a RW Robespierre.

If I hear this first amendment plea one more time I will vomit.

Any freshman student in poly sci understands a simple fact about the first amendment: your freedom of expression ends at the beginning of your neighbor's nose. You have no right to intimidate, terrorize, slander and set up for physical abuse your neighbor or colleague.

That is what McAdams did.

Messages In This Thread
The Lies of Colby: New Spartacus? McAdams... - by Jim DiEugenio - 10-02-2015, 09:08 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ELEVATORS TELL NO LIES- podcast Richard Gilbride 1 309 22-02-2024, 07:40 PM
Last Post: Brian Doyle
  ELEVATORS TELL NO LIES Richard Gilbride 1 442 29-09-2023, 08:53 PM
Last Post: Richard Gilbride
  Gil Jesus Backs FBI Lies Against Important Witness Carolyn Arnold Brian Doyle 0 482 20-06-2023, 05:44 PM
Last Post: Brian Doyle
  McAdams gets new life Tom Bowden 3 16,279 11-07-2018, 01:05 AM
Last Post: Jim DiEugenio
  McAdams loses Round Two Jim DiEugenio 5 7,846 19-08-2017, 09:26 AM
  John McAdams and Marquette go to Court Jim DiEugenio 0 1,785 21-09-2016, 02:50 PM
  NEW RFK bio MUST have more Truthful Amazon reviews. THESE DO MATTER!!!! (Most lies aboutJFK) Nathaniel Heidenheimer 5 4,793 17-08-2016, 09:05 AM
Last Post: Nathaniel Heidenheimer
  FBI Lies..... Jim Hargrove 11 7,738 07-02-2016, 08:24 AM
Last Post: Jonathan Nolan
  McAdams, JFK Facts, and "Moderation" Jim DiEugenio 67 21,423 03-10-2015, 03:49 PM
Last Post: Dawn Meredith
  The Fiasco of Spartacus Jim DiEugenio 103 25,886 19-07-2015, 06:07 AM
Last Post: Albert Doyle