Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FBI had a "big office" in Mexico City in the early '60s...Did we know this?
I was looking at something else and came across an interview with "Halvar Ekern." He was in the Army then State Department/Foreign service at the end of WW2. He went to Sierra Leone in 1961 as part of a program to "liberate Africa from colonialism" and "see what we could do to make them democracies," which sounds like what Jim DiEugenio says JFK was up to down there.

Here's what he says about Mexico City (circa 1964):

"I was supposed to be assisting in the management of clandestine affairs. The State Department was supposed to know what the CIA was doing around the world. I also served as the FBI liaison for the State Department. We offered advice to the high echelons as to what covert operations should be approved and not approved. "

"(about the FBI) Theoretically whenever they had a foreign contact operation within the US they were supposed to come over and tell us about it. Their officers were almost spitting images of Mr. Hoover. They dressed like him, talked like him, gave the correct replies, etc. I liked the fellow I dealt with. I never saw Hoover. Not very many people did. But they were ruthless too at times. They had a big office in Mexico City and the Ambassador there insisted on knowing something of what they were doing... more than they wanted to tell him. So this image of Mr. Hoover came in and said, "Mr. Hoover says that if we don't drop that business down there he will open a file on the Ambassador." So I took it up to higher authority. The Ambassador finally decided to drop it."

Here's a link to the interview: http://adst.org/OH%20TOCs/Ekern,%20Halvor.toc.pdf
"All that is necessary for tyranny to succeed is for good men to do nothing." (unknown)

James Tracy: "There is sometimes an undue amount of paranoia among some conspiracy researchers that can contribute to flawed observations and analysis."

Gary Cornwell (Dept. Chief Counsel HSCA): "A fact merely marks the point at which we have agreed to let investigation cease."

Alan Ford: "Just because you believe it, that doesn't make it so."
Prior to the creation of the CIA, the FBI did a lot of intelligence work in Central America.

But its nice to have the fact confirmed that they had a large office down in MC.
Even after the CIA was established the FBI has an ever expanding overseas presence. They opened offices here about 10 years ago. Other places too. WTF are they doing here? Any where outside the US really? /rhetorical question.
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.
Jim DiEugenio Wrote:Prior to the creation of the CIA, the FBI did a lot of intelligence work in Central America.

But its nice to have the fact confirmed that they had a large office down in MC.

The FBI was tasked with ALL western Hemisphere intelligence collection and analysis with a caveat - the FBI's SIS had to be sure not to tread on the Military Intelligence Units already in these areas. (ONI & MID - the two oldest intelligence agencies in the US).

With regards to Mexico City, the FBI had developed an asset not written about in any work I could find on the Evidence for Oswald taking that Mexico trip. Only by digging thru the 1500+ WCD page references which mention Mexico
In my Mexico work at CTKA I explain who this person was and how each and every item of the "Oswald was in Mexico" evidence passed thru his hands before making its way to the FBI.

It was this man who enabled the FBI to make a semi-convincing case that Ozzie had gone to and come back from Mexico with things like the FM-8's, FM-5's, FM-11, tourist Visa, bus tickets, hotel registry and more.
I was truly surprised that so many authors had overlooked this man in their dealing with the Mexico evidence. I think it's because so many focus on the 27th thru the 3rd rather than what I did with the Evidence needed to get him there and back as well as actually BE in Mexico during that time.

"Pres[B]identFranklin D. Roosevelt officially vested the FBI with responsibility forforeign-intelligence work in the Western Hemisphere on 24 June 1940. Withindays, FBI Director J. Edgar Hoover had established the administrative skeletonfor a foreign-intelligence entity within the FBI and had named it the FBISpecial Intelligence Service"
[/B]
- New Insights into J. Edgar Hoover's Role: The FBI and Foreign Intelligence
G. Gregg Webb… is a recent graduate of Princeton University. This article won the Walter L. Pforzheimer Award as the most outstanding student submission to Studies in Intelligence in 2003

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=8081&stc=1]

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=8080&stc=1]

Attached Files
.jpg   SIS in Mexico.jpg (Size: 233.46 KB / Downloads: 7)
.jpg   Sec of State Berle about FBI SIS.jpg (Size: 177.61 KB / Downloads: 7)
Once in a while you get shown the light
in the strangest of places if you look at it right.....
R. Hunter

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Plaza Man: Bob Groden vs the city of Dallas Jim DiEugenio 35 67,784 07-08-2018, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jim DiEugenio
  The Warren Commission and Mexico City Jim DiEugenio 0 2,938 27-04-2017, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Jim DiEugenio
  Dan Hardway Interview: Mexico City Jim DiEugenio 1 3,274 09-04-2017, 03:33 AM
Last Post: Scott Kaiser
  Declassified: The CIA "Oswald" and Mexico City Jim DiEugenio 184 49,526 08-01-2017, 06:13 AM
Last Post: Scott Kaiser
  Donald Trump is the RIGHT man for office! Scott Kaiser 15 10,629 14-12-2016, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Tracy Riddle
  Why Hoover covered for the CIA in Mexico by creating false evidence of the trip David Josephs 0 2,567 24-11-2015, 10:49 PM
Last Post: David Josephs
  3rd part of the Mexico Trip series at CTKA David Josephs 18 9,225 27-02-2015, 05:56 PM
  Part 1 of 3 examining the Mexico-Dallas travel evidence David Josephs 8 3,842 03-02-2015, 05:24 PM
  PArt 2a - The Trip down to Mexico (Ruby & Lee in Dallas) David Josephs 6 4,705 07-12-2014, 06:21 AM
Last Post: Jim Hargrove
  LBJ an early Vietnam DOVE? Richard Coleman 1 1,888 23-11-2014, 09:26 PM
Last Post: Albert Doyle