Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Altgens 6: Case for Alteration?
A hypothesis for your consideration:

The controversial Billy Lovelady/Lee Harvey Oswald figure depicted in the so-called Altgens 6 photograph is a doctored image comprised of Lovelady's head on LHO's body as photographed when Oswald was in custody and wearing the shirt in which he was captured; additionally, the left sleeve of the Altgen 6 figure's shirt is from Lovelady's plaid shirt.

My hypothesis can be dismissed if the first documented public viewing of Altgens 6 in its current form took place before such forgery could be reasonably expected to have taken place.

I remain agnostic on this matter, and I eagerly invite your interpretations and clarifications.

Thanks.

Charles

Attached Files
.jpg   JFK - ALTGENS 6 BLOW-UP A.jpg (Size: 9.13 KB / Downloads: 30)
.jpg   JFK - ALTGENS 6 LHO COMPARISON.jpg (Size: 27.97 KB / Downloads: 31)
Charles Drago Wrote:A hypothesis for your consideration:

The controversial Billy Lovelady/Lee Harvey Oswald figure depicted in the so-called Altgens 6 photograph is a doctored image comprised of Lovelady's head on LHO's body as photographed when Oswald was in custody and wearing the shirt in which he was captured; additionally, the left sleeve of the Altgen 6 figure's shirt is from Lovelady's plaid shirt.

My hypothesis can be dismissed if the first documented public viewing of Altgens 6 in its current form took place before such forgery could be reasonably expected to have taken place.

I remain agnostic on this matter, and I eagerly invite your interpretations and clarifications.

Thanks.

Charles

Charles...The question of AUTHENTICITY of "Altgen's 6" is a good one,
but I think your hypothesis is faulty.

Based on years of study, here are a few of my observations:

1. I disagree with contentions that the man in the doorway is Lovelady,
based on photos and other evidence too lengthy to mention.
2. I doubt that the man is "Oswald" for many reasons, among which he
is alleged to have been in the 2nd floor snack room at that time.
3. A cut and paste job like you speculate is too complicated; simple
retouching would do the job.
4. I believe that this and several other "Altgens" photos are very suspicious
and may have been part of a "smoke and mirrors" false trail.
5. I have found all of MY studies of the issue to be INCONCLUSIVE.
6. If the man is Lovelady, the issue is much ado about nothing.
7. If the man is "Oswald", the issue was important enough to COVER UP.
8. The issue is complicated by Lee, Harvey and other doppelgangers.

The issue was one of the earliest, and has been studied copiously for
decades without resolution. This thread will not solve it either, but may
elucidate the uninformed.

Jack

PS...thanks for the two images. They precisely show the best comparison!
Charles Drago Wrote:A hypothesis for your consideration:

Thanks.

Charles

Interesting idea, but not plausible.

It is my understanding that this photo was uploaded to the wire service within hours after it was taken, possibly accounting for the variations in quality of the photo as shown in different papers.

Still doesn't answer the question of why somebody who resembled LHO seemed to be wearing his shirt. Or does it. Hmmm....
Pamela McElwain-Brown Wrote:Interesting idea, but not plausible.

It is my understanding that this photo was uploaded to the wire service within hours after it was taken, possibly accounting for the variations in quality of the photo as shown in different papers.

Still doesn't answer the question of why somebody who resembled LHO seemed to be wearing his shirt. Or does it. Hmmm....

Thanks, Pamela. I'd like to pursue the timing of the upload and, if possible, compare the earliest released image with what is offered officially today. But I suspect you're right.

You also seem to understand my point about the shirt -- not just its pattern, but the manner in which it is buttoned.
not positive right now, but i believe the photo shown on the Patriot newspaper on nov.23.63 was posted as being the first showing of altgens 6, i will continue to check the altgens files, here are also some others for your interest...b..altgens frame sheets are from john woods...b

Attached Files
.jpg   moore_patriot_nov.23.63`.jpg (Size: 92.29 KB / Downloads: 20)
.jpg   moore_Alt-Comp~.JPG (Size: 85.63 KB / Downloads: 21)
.jpg   moore_altgens_frames.john woods.jpg (Size: 89.41 KB / Downloads: 24)
.jpg   moore_altgenscrop_windshield.1`.jpg (Size: 11.44 KB / Downloads: 21)
.jpg   moore_altgens.framesheet.jpg (Size: 70.22 KB / Downloads: 21)
.jpg   moore_Altgens_6__Large.jpg (Size: 99.07 KB / Downloads: 21)
here is information from a post ny Jack White on the Altgens photos...b

The matter of Altgens photos is very suspicious.

The foremost early researchers of photos were Robert Cutler and Richard Sprague.
On their 1970 map of Dealey Plaza in COMPUTERS AND AUTOMATION they show
only FOUR Altgens photos:

2. subject not shown, Main and Houston
3. subject not shown, Main and Houston
6. limo on Elm, front view, shot to throat
7. limo on Elm, back view, Hill on trunk

Note that these two foremost experts did not tell about Altgens exposures
1, 4, 5 and 8.

Altgens himself disavowed taking exposures 5 and 8.

In Trask we learn that negative numbers did not correspond to the photo
numbers.

First exposure...negative 2 (vertical shot motorcade on Main)
Second exposure...negative 3 (horizontal shot motorcade on Main)
Third exposure...negative 4 (limo turning from Main to Houston)
Fourth exposure...negative 5 (limo half way down Houston, from rear)
Fifth exposure...negative 6 (limo coming down Elm, JFK hit)
Sixth exposure...negative 7 (limo heading to underpass, Hill on trunk)
Seventh final exposure...negative 8 (pedestal, man in hat, Hesters)

(the above led to some researchers confusing the Altgen numbers)

Altgens, an experienced newsman, lingered in the plaza for several
minutes. WHY did he not take a few more exposures? He is seen in
about half a dozen other photos, but is not taking any exposures.

Altgens 8 is provably taken from the middle of Elm, farther west than
6 and 7. He took NO additional photos after he crossed to the knoll
though he was there several minutes, and his camera was loaded.

Jack
John Woods on Altgens;...I work on this alleged film since the 1970's and have concluded that two out-focus slides were
exposed, developed by the Kodak Company and than disappeared. I have made several efforts
to obtain the original slides via the inidivual who may have these slides.

john
Bernice Moore Wrote:not positive right now, but i believe the photo shown on the Patriot newspaper on nov.23.63 was posted as being the first showing of altgens 6, i will continue to check the altgens files, here are also some others for your interest...b..altgens frame sheets are from john woods...b

As always, Bernice, you demonstrate an invaluable resourcefulness and kindness.

Thanks,

Charles
Charles; so far i have not found positively where the altgens was printed first, i have a contact who may know, and will try to get through to him, he may have the knowledge, i was hoping jack would have known, and posted but i guess not, darn. Will let you know if any info comes back..take care b..and you are welcome
"Altgens 7" was printed very early. Others were not printed
for days, weeks or months later. "Altgens 8" was not seen
for years.

Jack

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why the Government's Case Against Oswald is BS --- Part III Gil Jesus 0 260 10-12-2023, 12:08 PM
Last Post: Gil Jesus
  Why the Govenment's Case Against Oswald is BS --- Part II Gil Jesus 1 295 28-11-2023, 03:36 PM
Last Post: Brian Doyle
  Why the Government's case against Oswald is BS --- Part I Gil Jesus 1 328 15-11-2023, 04:55 PM
Last Post: Brian Doyle
  Evidence of Witness Tampering in the case against Oswald Gil Jesus 0 368 28-07-2023, 11:31 AM
Last Post: Gil Jesus
  Was the TFX Case a Scandal? Jim DiEugenio 0 2,102 04-02-2020, 11:58 PM
Last Post: Jim DiEugenio
  The Uses of Public Relations in the JFK case Jim DiEugenio 0 1,732 11-01-2020, 05:41 AM
  Finally: the Hammarskjold case is Moving Jim DiEugenio 14 15,293 04-09-2019, 10:34 PM
Last Post: Richard Coleman
  The Tippit Case in the New Millenium Jim DiEugenio 192 192,740 23-06-2019, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Milo Reech
  A Case of Book Suppression Jim DiEugenio 4 6,551 27-04-2017, 01:37 AM
Last Post: Scott Kaiser
  Case Distorted: Posner, Garrison, and the NY Times Jim DiEugenio 0 2,613 12-10-2016, 01:50 AM