Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nix Film
Bob Prudhomme Wrote:
Tracy Riddle Wrote:Remember that eyewitnesses are generally considered the least reliable form of evidence. As Harold Weisberg said, "My book is the one that does not draw upon eyewitnesses. They are the least dependable source of information..."

The human mind is a tricky thing, and everyone processes (and remembers) events differently, especially during a traumatic event. There have been many good experiments done on this subject.

Sadly, in this case, we have to rely more on eyewitnesses than we should because the ballistic/forensic/document/photographic evidence is not kosher.

If I only had a nickel for every time I heard this from the Lone Nut crew at the JFK Assassination Forum.

Really? They say things like, "Sadly, in this case, we have to rely more on eyewitnesses than we should because the ballistic/forensic/document/photographic evidence is not kosher"?

And just because the lone-nutters say something doesn't mean it isn't true. If John McAdams insists that the world is round, do we have to take the opposite position and insist that it's flat?
Bob Prudhomme Wrote:[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=6034&d=1401464263]

I could easily go along with the "mistaken" witness theory if it were not for the above. This was the official story, three shots/ three hits, until James Tague made it apparent one shot missed, and it became necessary for two bullets to have done all of the damage. Note the position of the limo, down by the steps, when the last shot was fired. Where was Altgens standing again?

The model shown above was built by the FBI, and they never officially abandoned their three shots-no misses scenario. They did their very best to ignore/debunk James Tague. The single-bullet theory belonged to the Warren Commission.
Interesting model. It seems to be mostly based on Connally's version of events. To me, it looks like the second shot is placed far too late. The position of the model car at the second string is well past where the street lamp would appear from Zapruder's position. I'm pretty darn sure Connally shows reaction to being shot near the lamp post. I'm wondering, under that model, how many seconds the FBI is suggesting between shots 2 and three? (I'm thinking the second shot occurred at least one car length before that position.)

Ok so the bystander positions near shot 2 on the model appear to correspond with roughly z-290. That gives our shooter about a second and a half to work the bolt and fire the head shot. So the bystander positions are probably wrong too. (So if the true position of the second shot was (1 limo length) ~25 feet back at ~12 mph that gives a shooter three seconds.)
"All that is necessary for tyranny to succeed is for good men to do nothing." (unknown)

James Tracy: "There is sometimes an undue amount of paranoia among some conspiracy researchers that can contribute to flawed observations and analysis."

Gary Cornwell (Dept. Chief Counsel HSCA): "A fact merely marks the point at which we have agreed to let investigation cease."

Alan Ford: "Just because you believe it, that doesn't make it so."
"Bang bang!" as Kellerman described the last two shots; one right on top of the other.
Mr. HILL. The right rear portion of his head was missing. It was lying in the rear seat of the car. His brain was exposed. There was blood and bits of brain all over the entire rear portion of the car. Mrs. Kennedy was completely covered with blood. There was so much blood you could not tell if there had been any other wound or not, except for the one large gaping wound in the right rear portion of the head.

Warren Commission testimony of Secret Service Agent Clinton J. Hill, 1964
Tracy Riddle Wrote:
Bob Prudhomme Wrote:
Tracy Riddle Wrote:Remember that eyewitnesses are generally considered the least reliable form of evidence. As Harold Weisberg said, "My book is the one that does not draw upon eyewitnesses. They are the least dependable source of information..."

The human mind is a tricky thing, and everyone processes (and remembers) events differently, especially during a traumatic event. There have been many good experiments done on this subject.

Sadly, in this case, we have to rely more on eyewitnesses than we should because the ballistic/forensic/document/photographic evidence is not kosher.

If I only had a nickel for every time I heard this from the Lone Nut crew at the JFK Assassination Forum.

Really? They say things like, "Sadly, in this case, we have to rely more on eyewitnesses than we should because the ballistic/forensic/document/photographic evidence is not kosher"?

And just because the lone-nutters say something doesn't mean it isn't true. If John McAdams insists that the world is round, do we have to take the opposite position and insist that it's flat?

John McAdams wouldn't know the truth if it jumped up and bit him in the arse.
Mr. HILL. The right rear portion of his head was missing. It was lying in the rear seat of the car. His brain was exposed. There was blood and bits of brain all over the entire rear portion of the car. Mrs. Kennedy was completely covered with blood. There was so much blood you could not tell if there had been any other wound or not, except for the one large gaping wound in the right rear portion of the head.

Bob Prudhomme Wrote:
Chris Davidson Wrote:http://www.mejuba.com/albums/jfkass/1129...w/original

chris

Thanks, Chris. I know this is a subject you have looked at very closely. Could you share some more of this survey with us?

Bob,

http://www.mejuba.com/albums/jfkass/1129...w/original
Bob Prudhomme Wrote:Where was Altgens standing again?

http://www.assassinationresearch.com/zfilm/z350.jpg

Are you saying this is proof of Zapruder alteration? (Genuinely asking)
Bob Prudhomme Wrote:
Tracy Riddle Wrote:
Bob Prudhomme Wrote:

Bob, my point is that you can try to reconcile all of the eyewitness/earwitness statements in DP that day and it won't work. Believe me, I've tried. And it's not because all of the photographic evidence has been faked, or because half of the witnesses are lying, but it's because people perceive and remember events in different ways.
Tracy Riddle Wrote:
Bob Prudhomme Wrote:
Tracy Riddle Wrote:
Bob Prudhomme Wrote:If I only had a nickel for every time I heard this from the Lone Nut crew at the JFK Assassination Forum.

Bob, my point is that you can try to reconcile all of the eyewitness/earwitness statements in DP that day and it won't work. Believe me, I've tried. And it's not because all of the photographic evidence has been faked, or because half of the witnesses are lying, but it's because people perceive and remember events in different ways.

This may be true, Tracy, but the general pattern for witnesses perceiving and remembering things in different ways is for those witnesses to bring forth equally different accounts of the event in question.

When you have witnesses perceiving and remembering an event and producing accounts of that event that are markedly similar to each other, that is an entirely different matter. For instance, the number of witnesses standing atop the Triple Underpass that heard a shot from the Grassy Knoll and saw what appeared to be smoke from a rifle. They could all be mistaken yet, the odds of them all making identical mistakes in recollection are slim indeed.

Bob Prudhomme Wrote:
Tracy Riddle Wrote:
Bob Prudhomme Wrote:
Tracy Riddle Wrote:Really? They say things like, "Sadly, in this case, we have to rely more on eyewitnesses than we should because the ballistic/forensic/document/photographic evidence is not kosher"?

This may be true, Tracy, but the general pattern for witnesses perceiving and remembering things in different ways is for those witnesses to bring forth equally different accounts of the event in question.

When you have witnesses perceiving and remembering an event and producing accounts of that event that are markedly similar to each other, that is an entirely different matter. For instance, the number of witnesses standing atop the Triple Underpass that heard a shot from the Grassy Knoll and saw what appeared to be smoke from a rifle. They could all be mistaken yet, the odds of them all making identical mistakes in recollection are slim indeed.

That's true, depending on the event. For example, an overwhelming number of witnesses heard the last two shots come very close together. You can't ignore that. Unfortunately, a large majority of witnesses also only heard three shots. Yes, there were probably silencers at work. But only a small number of witnesses saw smoke.

It's when we get to the personal level of witnesses remembering where they were standing/where the car was when they heard a particular shot - stuff like that becomes impossible to sort out because of the problems I mentioned earlier.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DARNELL film Original Richard Gilbride 3 113 20-09-2024, 04:32 PM
Last Post: Brian Doyle
  Sarah Stanton (i.e. PrayerMan) in Dan Owens film Richard Gilbride 7 2,035 01-10-2023, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Brian Doyle
  Manipulation of TOWNER film David Josephs 0 2,241 26-11-2019, 06:48 PM
Last Post: David Josephs
  Did Dillard film American-born LEE Oswald on sixth floor? Jim Hargrove 9 9,377 12-04-2017, 05:02 AM
Last Post: Jim DiEugenio
  New JFK Film Peter Lemkin 4 5,896 12-11-2016, 06:16 PM
Last Post: Albert Doyle
  How much could you alter the film if Abraham Zapruder had shot in slow motion mode? Chris Bennett 27 14,247 23-02-2016, 05:46 PM
Last Post: Chris Davidson
  The "Other" Zapruder Film Gil Jesus 43 47,548 14-01-2016, 01:29 AM
Last Post: David Josephs
  Lawsuit to return original of Nix film. Jim Hargrove 0 2,578 24-11-2015, 05:02 PM
Last Post: Jim Hargrove
  New film: LBJ Martin White 19 9,440 14-11-2015, 05:40 PM
Last Post: Alan Ford
  "The Package" -- The Most Important JFK Assassination-Related Film to Date Charles Drago 31 26,003 07-07-2015, 08:52 PM
Last Post: R.K. Locke