Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Lies of Colby: New Spartacus? McAdams...
Jim DiEugenio Wrote:May I again express my disappointment that this thread has been hijacked.

And I regret actually helping in that.

Sorry about that Jim.
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.
Don't worry Mr D. This thread did good.
Jim DiEugenio Wrote:May I again express my disappointment that this thread has been hijacked.

And I regret actually helping in that.

This one is all on you, Jim.

The first time I vered off the very important topic of Colby/McAdams perfidy you pulled me up on the hijack and I started another thread.

This time you chimed in on the brain evidence...and we're off to the races.

Another lovely day in a JFK rabbit hole...

But let's bend it back on topic...What's worse-- John McAdams saying there's no definitive "final" evidence of conspiracy, or Cyril Wecht asserting the same thing?
David Guyatt Wrote:Personally, I don't really buy into the "punk" argument either (at least based on my understanding of "punk"), because Colby was all about fighting anyone who disagreed with the official version of deep political events. I don't ever recall him ever once pursuing a subject from a non establishment point of view. Pro establishment attitudes are pretty unusual for the rock music industry in general and very strange for the punk culture, I think.

This is an excellent point I needed to give some thought.

As originally practiced by myself and 7 Seconds in Reno in 1980, the philosophy of hardcore punk rock was hella leftist.

https://deeppoliticsforum.com/forums/sho...ODixS7lx1U

I loved the band the Zeros but the primary reason I brought them up to Reno first was to touch base with their manager, Peter Urban, an avid communist and former manager of seminal proto-hardcore band The Dils.

In 1981 "hardcore punk" went national and then international -- without our fingerprints on it.

No one knew where it came from exactly. Even the people in Reno I worked with didn't know what I was up to.

My intention all along was to maintain the origination of the hardcore punk rock movement as a deep event, which I successfully accomplished for 34 years...If one's goal is obscurity, best to be incompetent in order to be forgotten, and I wasn't a competent music businessman.

So hardcore punk is a contrarian philosophy. Within a movement that set itself apart from mainstream culture and politics there was a contrarian attitude toward the prevailing hardcore punk thinking.

Some HC bands felt encouraged to be "politically incorrect" in response to the very politically correct HC movement.

GG Allin was nothing like I ever envisioned as "hardcore punk," and yet there he was in all his glory.

The assault on group-think begats more group-think. Len Colby's hobby is assaulting what he regards as conspiracy group-think.

The fact that he drove so many people off the EF Political Conspiracy section and spurred the formation of Deep Politics Forum is, no doubt, a source of pride for Mr. Colby.
Association with GG Allin is probably fatal to credibility. Although I must say both Colby and Allin are infamous feces tossers.
CV: This one is all on you, Jim.

Oh really?

In your reply to me about Colby, you mentioned you vs. DVP on the back wound.

Your defense of Colby then got eviscerated at reply 64 and 65--which is at least on topic since Colby is in the title.

It was Albert who then brought up the brain evidence at 67.

At 68, I replied on McAdams and I told Albert I agreed about the brain evidence.

At 69 I then commented on MCAdams, Colby and drew a comparison to Morley--on topic.

Albert brought up Bugliosi's treatment of the brain at 71.

This is where the thread went awry again. For from 72 to 80, it was back and forth on the brain stuff between you and Albert. That is nine straight comments which I had no part in.

Please Cliff.
Cliff Varnell Wrote:GG Allin was nothing like I ever envisioned as "hardcore punk," and yet there he was in all his glory.

Len was in it for the money. Not the art. Not the politics. Just like these days he's into exploiting natives for the money.

Cliff Varnell Wrote:The assault on group-think begats more group-think. Len Colby's hobby is assaulting what he regards as conspiracy group-think.

The fact that he drove so many people off the EF Political Conspiracy section and spurred the formation of Deep Politics Forum is, no doubt, a source of pride for Mr. Colby.

It was the group-think by one group there that spurred the formation of the DPF and a source of pride for many.
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.
Jim DiEugenio Wrote:CV: This one is all on you, Jim.

Oh really?

Jim D @ 81:

"(Now, Cliff, go ahead and do your regular red mark, in chunks of this, to try and show how its all wrong.)"

You asked for it. Then you were disappointed because you don't have a factual, collegial rebuttal to what I wrote.

In your reply to me about Colby, you mentioned you vs. DVP on the back wound.

Your defense of Colby then got eviscerated at reply 64 and 65--which is at least on topic since Colby is in the title.

To the extent that my post was a "defense" it certainly did get eviscerated. My post was more of an "explanation" which I expanded upon a few posts above.

It was Albert who then brought up the brain evidence at 67.

At 68, I replied on McAdams and I told Albert I agreed about the brain evidence.

At which point we were off to the races. You didn't have any problem discussing the brain stuff until I gave you what you asked for.

Be careful what you ask for, Jim.

/

Magda Hassan Wrote:
Cliff Varnell Wrote:GG Allin was nothing like I ever envisioned as "hardcore punk," and yet there he was in all his glory.

Len was in it for the money. Not the art. Not the politics. Just like these days he's into exploiting natives for the money.

Cliff Varnell Wrote:The assault on group-think begats more group-think. Len Colby's hobby is assaulting what he regards as conspiracy group-think.

It was the group-think by one group there that spurred the formation of the DPF and a source of pride for many.

The latter point I applaud. I took as much shit over at the EF as anybody.

Maybe more than anybody.

Craig Lamson spewed ad hominem invective to the point of calling me a crooked poker dealer.

Evan Burton was fine with that but he threatened me with moderation when I called Lamson a lair.

I called several times for Burton to be fired.

As to the former point...Len tour managed GG Allin for the money?

If he printed merchandise for GG Allin maybe you'd have a point -- but tour managers of underground bands like that don't make shit.
Be careful what you ask for, Jim.

You have the editorial cutting skills of Norman Redlich.

It was Albert who brought the brain stuff up, all I said was I agreed with him--in a post which also mentioned McAdams.

From there on in, you and he were off to the races.

All on me? Again, please. You are uncontrollable on this issue.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gil Jesus Backs FBI Lies Against Important Witness Carolyn Arnold Brian Doyle 1 568 10-08-2024, 03:29 PM
Last Post: Brian Doyle
  ELEVATORS TELL NO LIES- podcast Richard Gilbride 1 372 22-02-2024, 07:40 PM
Last Post: Brian Doyle
  ELEVATORS TELL NO LIES Richard Gilbride 1 504 29-09-2023, 08:53 PM
Last Post: Richard Gilbride
  McAdams gets new life Tom Bowden 3 16,376 11-07-2018, 01:05 AM
Last Post: Jim DiEugenio
  McAdams loses Round Two Jim DiEugenio 5 7,975 19-08-2017, 09:26 AM
  John McAdams and Marquette go to Court Jim DiEugenio 0 1,819 21-09-2016, 02:50 PM
  NEW RFK bio MUST have more Truthful Amazon reviews. THESE DO MATTER!!!! (Most lies aboutJFK) Nathaniel Heidenheimer 5 4,889 17-08-2016, 09:05 AM
Last Post: Nathaniel Heidenheimer
  FBI Lies..... Jim Hargrove 11 7,887 07-02-2016, 08:24 AM
Last Post: Jonathan Nolan
  McAdams, JFK Facts, and "Moderation" Jim DiEugenio 67 21,767 03-10-2015, 03:49 PM
Last Post: Dawn Meredith
  The Fiasco of Spartacus Jim DiEugenio 103 26,625 19-07-2015, 06:07 AM
Last Post: Albert Doyle