Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lifton on DiEugenio on JFK offering the Vice Presidential nomination to LBJ . . .
Thanks for bumping this, Albert. Some of your points are most worthy of consideration.

Albert Doyle Wrote:Nagell blows the Washington DC plot by mailing a warning to Hoover. CIA panics and cancels the DC plot. CIA then regroups and forms an emergency plan.

Possible, I guess. But the depth of the planning of Dallas is enough to convince me that, absent proof to the contrary, it was always to be Dallas.

Albert Doyle Wrote:The Vallee plot is set-up as a failsafe in case Oswald gets caught after being exposed by an unpredictable loose cannon in Nagell. Vallee is not quite as sheep-dipped as Oswald but he'll do.

Too much hung in the balance for a "he'll do" fallback.

Besides, what was the rush?

Albert Doyle Wrote:In this panic a car registered to Lee Harvey Oswald is used in the plot as part of a loosely-arranged last minute alternate plan. It was just a prop that ended up being useful in the last minute need to get Vallee in place.

Players at this level engaged in operations of such consequence do not deal in "loosely-arranged last minute alternate" operations.

Albert Doyle Wrote:At the same time Oswald is still not caught so he's redirected to the Dallas plan and put into the Depository by his Paine CIA handlers. Johnson is not notified at this point. By November 2 the Nagell leak is contained. Oswald is deemed unthreatened and serviceable. CIA aborts Chicago and gives the all go for Dallas. The notice for the Dallas plan being a go is a telegram with the codeword "Lee" included.

Again, this is antithetical to everything we know about the manner in which such a mega-important, mega-dangerous operation would be carried out.

Albert Doyle Wrote:Once Dallas is chosen the plotters realize Johnson's political homeland can be used to advantage.

Here's the fatal flaw of your very well-imagined scenario (again, absolutely in keeping with the kind of thinking I'm encouraging with my own hypotheses threads). Under no circumstances can I be lead to accept that the master Facilitators of the JFK attack suddenly had light bulbs go off, experienced a joint eureka! moment, and exclaimed, "Wait just a minute ... if we do this in Dallas, we could False Sponsor what's his name ... the veep ... he's from Texas, right?"

Albert Doyle Wrote:A man doesn't duck from a plot he's in control of.

Now we're getting somewhere. Very nicely played.

Charles

Messages In This Thread
Lifton on DiEugenio on JFK offering the Vice Presidential nomination to LBJ . . . - by Charles Drago - 15-02-2011, 08:22 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jim DiEugenio: Not to be Trusted Richard Gilbride 23 2,412 09-08-2024, 09:14 PM
Last Post: Brian Doyle
  DiEugenio On "The Loser's Club" Brian Doyle 0 393 30-12-2023, 07:06 PM
  DiEugenio Reviews Kamp's Book But Doesn't Mention Prayer Man Brian Doyle 0 515 06-10-2023, 02:54 PM
  Jim DiEugenio Betrays Deep Politics Forum Over Prayer Man Brian Doyle 4 942 05-10-2023, 05:11 PM
  DiEugenio Gives Reference To ROKC Troll Farm And Kamp Brian Doyle 0 525 09-08-2023, 03:02 PM
  DiEugenio Betrays Conspiracy Research Brian Doyle 1 700 07-07-2023, 04:32 PM
  Jim DiEugenio Reviews The House of Kennedy Jim DiEugenio 0 2,338 26-04-2020, 06:50 PM
Last Post: Jim DiEugenio
  James DiEugenio, I have a single question, would you answer? Scott Kaiser 12 7,735 11-06-2019, 04:32 AM
Last Post: Scott Kaiser
  Denial of Justice reviewed by Jim DiEugenio Jim DiEugenio 4 4,075 23-05-2019, 10:35 PM
  Jim DiEugenio Critiques CNN's American Dynasties Jim DiEugenio 0 14,031 20-07-2018, 09:40 PM