Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lifton on DiEugenio on JFK offering the Vice Presidential nomination to LBJ . . .
A fact about Hersh and Dark Side that is all but overlooked:

At one point in the book tour, Hersh was asked by an MSM interviewer if, during his research, he discovered anything so controversial that it could not be included in the final draft.

"I heard things about JFK I didn't want to believe," was his cagey response.

My interpretation: The disinformation boys were telling him that JFK was a witting Soviet agent.

I can't come close to proving any of this, but whenever I hear stories about JFK and blackmail, I go beyond talk of sexual indiscretions and consider the possibility that he was being threatened with exposure of his receptivity to a Soviet intelligence recruitment effort -- or a Western intelligence provocation disguised as a Soviet recruitment effort -- which took place during his brief tenure at the London School of Economics in 1935.

Let me be clear: I am not suggesting for a nanosecond that JFK in fact did become a witting Soviet asset. But even a youthful, idealistic, quickly terminated dalliance with Marxism as championed by Harold Laski (JFK's teacher), for instance, would have been enough to hang over JFK's head in later public years and amount to prime blackmail material.

If run by a Western service, the operation would have been the intellectual/ideological equivalent of a so-called honeytrap.

Something to put in the bank for later use.

Sexual blackmail vis a vis JFK has never cut the mustard for me. There would have had to have been something far more damaging, far more convincing -- at least to a Cold War public.

So convincing, perhaps, that even though totally fabricated, it still has the power to control the actions of the family.

I'm treading very delicately here. Just thinking out loud.

Messages In This Thread
Lifton on DiEugenio on JFK offering the Vice Presidential nomination to LBJ . . . - by Charles Drago - 16-02-2011, 03:50 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jim DiEugenio: Not to be Trusted Richard Gilbride 21 1,172 31-05-2024, 07:18 PM
Last Post: Brian Doyle
  DiEugenio On "The Loser's Club" Brian Doyle 0 252 30-12-2023, 07:06 PM
  DiEugenio Reviews Kamp's Book But Doesn't Mention Prayer Man Brian Doyle 0 370 06-10-2023, 02:54 PM
  Jim DiEugenio Betrays Deep Politics Forum Over Prayer Man Brian Doyle 4 662 05-10-2023, 05:11 PM
  DiEugenio Gives Reference To ROKC Troll Farm And Kamp Brian Doyle 0 372 09-08-2023, 03:02 PM
  DiEugenio Betrays Conspiracy Research Brian Doyle 1 511 07-07-2023, 04:32 PM
  Jim DiEugenio Reviews The House of Kennedy Jim DiEugenio 0 2,176 26-04-2020, 06:50 PM
Last Post: Jim DiEugenio
  James DiEugenio, I have a single question, would you answer? Scott Kaiser 12 7,120 11-06-2019, 04:32 AM
Last Post: Scott Kaiser
  Denial of Justice reviewed by Jim DiEugenio Jim DiEugenio 4 3,762 23-05-2019, 10:35 PM
  Jim DiEugenio Critiques CNN's American Dynasties Jim DiEugenio 0 13,871 20-07-2018, 09:40 PM