Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lifton on DiEugenio on JFK offering the Vice Presidential nomination to LBJ . . .
Albert Doyle Wrote:[quote=Charles Drago]
Further: We are at war with the killers of JFK, and it is my Constitutionally protected contention that Nelson is their witting agent.

Albert Doyle Wrote:With respect to the call for neutrality on this subject I wanted to add that after pondering why major researchers would deliberately skew LBJ as the "Mastermind" of the Kennedy Assassination it dawned on me that the reason was more simply explained than I considered. A book with a title claiming LBJ to be an accomplice used as a useful inside tool but wasn't the actual plotter would not be as good a sell as one claiming he was the organizing "Mastermind".

Albert,

It's not that I discount your scenario out-of-hand. But even if this best-case interpretation is on the money, what does it tell us about the ethics of a writer who would obscure the truth and, in the process, contribute to the cover-up just to increase book sales?

What does it tell us about the deep political sophistication of a writer who cannot understand the threats to truth and justice inherent in making such a move?

Albert Doyle Wrote:Knowing the Assassination conspiracy has unfolded in layers of limited hang-out fall-guys like the mob, Castro, exiles, right-wingers, etc those claiming LBJ was the mastermind are simply exploiting the maximum sell value of boosting the claim as it would have been anyway in the next offering of limited hang-out.

"Exploiting" -- I couldn't have written it better.

I'd add that it's exploitation at a terrible cost to history.

Albert Doyle Wrote:Somewhat dishonest

As in somewhat pregnant?

Albert Doyle Wrote:but functional in drawing maximum attention to a valid member or layer of the actual conspiracy that had been previously shielded from exposure by the need to protect the honor of a US office.

Perhaps, but only if there were no better ways.

Albert Doyle Wrote:Myself I find it somewhat distasteful because it creates a carnival-like aspect to the Assassination landscape were researchers are trying to draw readers into their particular conspiracy theory sideshow. While patrons will learn real things in the Lyndon Baines wax museum they won't be clued or necessarily inspired to investigate the off-limits tents and their contents.

As in somewhat dead?

The misidentification of LBJ as a Sponsor ... no, make that THE Sponsor ... of JFK's murder accomplishes nothing of value to the extended victims of the Dealey Plaza crossfire, even as it delivers immense value to the victimizers.

The LBJ as "mastermind" disinformation tells us, "Here end the searches for truth and justice for JFK."

Is that message acceptable to you under any circumstances?

Acceptable to any of us?

Yes or no?

Messages In This Thread
Lifton on DiEugenio on JFK offering the Vice Presidential nomination to LBJ . . . - by Charles Drago - 13-02-2011, 06:01 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jim DiEugenio: Not to be Trusted Richard Gilbride 20 1,012 28-04-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: Brian Doyle
  DiEugenio On "The Loser's Club" Brian Doyle 0 236 30-12-2023, 07:06 PM
  DiEugenio Reviews Kamp's Book But Doesn't Mention Prayer Man Brian Doyle 0 356 06-10-2023, 02:54 PM
  Jim DiEugenio Betrays Deep Politics Forum Over Prayer Man Brian Doyle 4 632 05-10-2023, 05:11 PM
  DiEugenio Gives Reference To ROKC Troll Farm And Kamp Brian Doyle 0 350 09-08-2023, 03:02 PM
  DiEugenio Betrays Conspiracy Research Brian Doyle 1 481 07-07-2023, 04:32 PM
  Jim DiEugenio Reviews The House of Kennedy Jim DiEugenio 0 2,153 26-04-2020, 06:50 PM
Last Post: Jim DiEugenio
  James DiEugenio, I have a single question, would you answer? Scott Kaiser 12 7,042 11-06-2019, 04:32 AM
Last Post: Scott Kaiser
  Denial of Justice reviewed by Jim DiEugenio Jim DiEugenio 4 3,738 23-05-2019, 10:35 PM
  Jim DiEugenio Critiques CNN's American Dynasties Jim DiEugenio 0 13,855 20-07-2018, 09:40 PM